Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery overheating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20200615_162301.jpg

Hello everyone I am a student driving tesla model xp100d in Korea. Even if my English is not good, please understand
It's nothing more than my previous raven that was released in August 2019.
I am very pleased with this car but there is one problem.
Even a little hard driving means that the battery is overheated and there is an power limit. Once the power limit is applied, the car is very slow for about 5 minutes with yellow limit line. This is big stress for me
Do you have any way for solve this problem?

i guess it take In sports mode, this problem occurs slowly, but in rudi mode or rudiplus mode, this problem occurs quickly.

When they check the logs they should see all info why the power limit occurs. The battery is cooled via the A/C compressor so they should see why the BMS is not maintaining temperatures. In ludicris plus the battery actually wants to be hot at 50c. You might be going over that temp and the car can’t cool the battery quick enough. I’m any case when the battery is hot you should hear the fans screaming trying to cool the battery just like when supercharging.

When they check the logs they should see all info why the power limit occurs. The battery is cooled via the A/C compressor so they should see why the BMS is not maintaining temperatures. In ludicris plus the battery actually wants to be hot at 50c. You might be going over that temp and the car can’t cool the battery quick enough. I’m any case when the battery is hot you should hear the fans screaming trying to cool the battery just like when supercharging.

When i supercharging the fan sound is too loud than other car so when i met someone who know me they always told me why your supercharging fan sound is too loud

Unfortunately the loud sound while supercharging is normal, especially when its hot outside. I took it in for that loud sound 3 weeks ago and also because my AC didnt seem to be blowing cold air and all they did was add freon. AC is a little better, but that loud noise was normal according to the service center and it is a way for the battery to cool it self down. Doesnt really make too much sense if all the other teslas dont make the same loud noise.