Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Pack Pictures....Crazy Cool

JerryNycom

Nov 6, 2012
New York
Stopped by the service center today to pick up my HPWC and saw a battery pack under a vehicle and had to look and take some pictures. The pack only has a plug on the back for the actual power connector, and one other plug for diagnostics. The front has quick disconnects for the coolant....That's it! I asked one of the techs and he said until Tesla demoed the battery swap they never even knew that it could be done so quickly and easily! Enjoy the pictures....:biggrin:

pack1.jpg
pack2.jpg
pack5.jpg
pack3.jpg
pack4.jpg

mitch672

Jul 1, 2012
Stoughton, MA
About what I would expect it to look like. Those "diagnostic" connectors are likely how the BMS is connected, coolant thermal sensors are read, etc. Surprised they let you get that close to it, with how nuts liability issues are these days.. Nice job.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Does anyone know of an official battery weight? How much fluid is in this thing? Does the official weight include the cooling fluid?

I've heard something around 1,500 pounds, but not from any official source. I assumed that was dry weight...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC