Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery pack upgrades? [POLL]

Would you pay for a range upgrade?

• Definitely!

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I'm getting the highest trim anyway

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I was just thinking: how many people who reserved a lower trim (I got the RWD for my wife, she doesn't want more power) would do an in-car upgrade to pay for more range? Kind of like how the other models ship out with bigger batteries and let you upgrade depending what you bought originally.

I'm hoping that's an option as we go on a lot of long trips!

I for one would love to be able to upgrade my RWD Cybertruck to unlock more range!

I would prefer it if they didn't tie the larger battery into AWD. Although at least they don't tie the larger battery into performance model.

I don't expect them to do software locked batteries again. What it comes with will be what it has no software upgrade option.

I would get the highest range I can possibly afford at the time. I might reconsider that if they get much more than 500 mile range.

What exactly will the "battery kit" entail?

Term to encapsulate the battery packages, on all Teslas. He's about to change the world of EVs, production, and battery life as we know it. I think we can throw everything right out the window, that we think we know about these battery packs; weight, dimensions, life expectancy, charging/emissions....

Sounds good can't wait. Will that just be available for Teslas or other manufacturers as well? Or to early to tell?

Only speculation, but I'd say it'll be T specific until the orders are filled, currently in the books. X,Y, and CTs, then perhaps offer an upgrade to those who have logged Xxxx # of miles in their dated platforms....

Mr. Musk has very strategically placed himself around the globe with sourcing and production and their people. I can only surmise he'll share with Asia before Detroit. Detroit has been brutal in feeding oil&gas Corps., instead of the consumers. We'll see.

Only speculation, but I'd say it'll be T specific until the orders are filled, currently in the books. X,Y, and CTs, then perhaps offer an upgrade to those who have logged Xxxx # of miles in their dated platforms....

Mr. Musk has very strategically placed himself around the globe with sourcing and production and their people. I can only surmise he'll share with Asia before Detroit. Detroit has been brutal in feeding oil&gas Corps., instead of the consumers. We'll see.

Huh good to know. Thanks for the info.

I suppose some of thay will come out on the battery day? Lots of vested interests that have stagnated innovation for decades. I'm hopeful, but also cautious as to how things will develop. A stainless vehicle with a million mile battery (drivetrain should be fine with that too) sounds like a solid future investment to me. (Even without any shares)

Reactions: Electruck