Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery percentage increases during sentry mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm used to losing about 1% every 2 hours with sentry mode enabled. However, I just installed the 2019.15.11 update last night and now my car is *getting* 1% every hour now with sentry mode enabled. It's been 3 hours now and my car has gone from 50% to 53% steadily. And no, it's not plugged in.

It's probably just recalibrating the battery, but I still find it pretty funny. Is anyone else seeing this?

• Funny
Reactions: JFChenger
So, I'm used to losing about 1% every 2 hours with sentry mode enabled. However, I just installed the 2019.15.11 update last night and now my car is *getting* 1% every hour now with sentry mode enabled. It's been 3 hours now and my car has gone from 50% to 53% steadily. And no, it's not plugged in.

It's probably just recalibrating the battery, but I still find it pretty funny. Is anyone else seeing this?

I've seen my range increase by 11 miles before (though not recently). For me, it was not associated with a drastic temperature change (there might have been some - for me, something like 55F to 65F perhaps), but I could imagine temperature change could make it more likely. It happens. I doubt it is associated with Sentry Mode.

I've also (recently) noticed that there seems to be some hysteresis on the indicated miles. For my ~600 foot, less than 1 mile descent (which I regen heavily all the way down) on my way to work, I never see the miles go up (not even by a single count). However, they also don't go down at all for the next 5 miles or so on the flat. I am sure for a long enough descent EVENTUALLY it would show an increase in miles (I've never tried it), but the kind of related point is that I think there is some smoothing of this rated miles number that Tesla does behind the scenes - just based on that experience. So I could imagine this sort of "hiding" being gradually revealed could also cause rated miles to go up when the car is parked.

Didn't you get the Elon tweet..... the cameras are now solar cells and charging the battery :rolleyes: Seriously though, you know it is totally unrelated. Something else going on :)