Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Power Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appears good things coming for those planning to buy a Tesla in the next several months!

Panasonic dropping some update news to the 2170 Battery cell energy density.

I’m sure several people are waiting for Battery Day to place orders. I’m sure this will look like a minor increase when that day comes!

Will be interesting to see how this affects the product lines today!

Tesla batteries to get 20% energy density increase –Panasonic - Electrek

Appears good things coming for those planning to buy a Tesla in the next several months!

Panasonic dropping some update news to the 2170 Battery cell energy density.

I’m sure several people are waiting for Battery Day to place orders. I’m sure this will look like a minor increase when that day comes!

Will be interesting to see how this affects the product lines today!

Tesla batteries to get 20% energy density increase –Panasonic - Electrek
If anyone wants to read past the headline it says “over the next 5 years”

Reactions: M_D129
If anyone wants to read past the headline it says “over the next 5 years”
Obviously too much work for me to do. :)

Although, I can’t imagine this 20% increase is what will be covered on Battery Day. It’s a great improvement, but I suspect there’s more in store for the next five years other than a 20% increase.

I also can’t see Tesla, as secretive as they’ve been about the contents of Battery Day, allowing this to be the marquee statement summing up what will be shown.

Makes me wonder if what will be said on Battery Day, won’t make it into the Cybertruck, Semi, or other vehicles, until 5 years from now.