Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery range decrease parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

I just picked up my 2022 model x plaid on tuesday and ive notice the battery range of the car decreased over time. I unplugged the car from charger with 285 mile of range at 11am. and now its 2pm and its showing 280 range. Is this normal?
Thanks
Pretty normal, especially if the vehicle is outside. Among other things, the A/C comes on to maintain the cabin at maximum of 105º. Sentry mode may be on as well. Just because the car tells you it is "Car Off" does not mean it is completely off and not consuming energy. Teslas are never truly off. I suggest setting the display to show % full, rather than miles (which is basically a made up number and not relevant to any reality).

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Pretty normal, especially if the vehicle is outside. Among other things, the A/C comes on to maintain the cabin at maximum of 105º. Sentry mode may be on as well. Just because the car tells you it is "Car Off" does not mean it is completely off and not consuming energy. Teslas are never truly off. I suggest setting the display to show % full, rather than miles (which is basically a made up number and not relevant to any reality).
The car will lose charge even without any of those features on. I would expect to see far more than "5 miles" of lost range with sentry and overheat protection.