Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Range decreasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no "battery range". What you're referring to is "battery range estimation", and depending on your driving and charging habits, it's normal for this estimation to vary. There are many threads that explain this better, and also why relying on the range estimation is not as good as tracking battery capacity remaining.

There is no "battery range". What you're referring to is "battery range estimation", and depending on your driving and charging habits, it's normal for this estimation to vary. There are many threads that explain this better, and also why relying on the range estimation is not as good as tracking battery capacity remaining.
No, he is referring to the "rated miles" number in the little battery meter. That is not an "estimation". It does not depend on anyone's driving habits. Tesla does not use the "Guess-O-Meter" display, like many other brands of electric cars do, where it moves all over the place based on what people have been doing with the car. That Tesla display is just the energy divided by a fixed constant.

I'm guessing that if the OP added that post over three weeks ago and hasn't been back it can't be much of an issue :cool:
There are already a myriad of posts about what the number is and how its figured out.
Without the OP coming back to clarify what number they mean its pointless to speculate.
but - as this is TMC - let the speculation begin !!!!
:rolleyes:

TezLab app can help you with how much you will get on a charge in real world driving (your style of driving). My battery is 314 miles at 100%, but when I drive like a grandpa and even recently I was told by my wife that I drive like a grandpa (I'm 34 years old damn it), TezLab showed a range of 357 mile on a full 100% charge. I charge to 80-85% but recently we have been going on 200+ miles one way trips and I charged the battery to 100% (charging that last 1% is a nightmare... 15-20 min to get that 1% charge ><) and that's what it showed in TezLab, that's how many miles I can get on a full charge.

No, he is referring to the "rated miles" number in the little battery meter. That is not an "estimation". It does not depend on anyone's driving habits. Tesla does not use the "Guess-O-Meter" display, like many other brands of electric cars do, where it moves all over the place based on what people have been doing with the car. That Tesla display is just the energy divided by a fixed constant.

Ah, interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks!

ya'll should go read the Model 3 Battery page... I really wish the admins would sticky some of the threads from the Model 3 page over here because it's the same car for the most part. But in the end, don't worry about the range, you're good and you don't have battery degradation yet... but you will! It's part of owning an EV.

Model 3: Battery & Charging

I included some stats for my Wife's Model Y, I bet if she charged to 80% instead of 90% for a few days she'd get the range-o-meter back to 300 something. My Model 3 did the same thing but it's fine. Just depends on the software bugs/efficiency/weather/how much you drive

Attachments

• FusionCharts (1).png
    FusionCharts (1).png
    45.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    354.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Big Earl