Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery range in the UK ...again!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish that were the case. I've got 25,000 miles and I'm down to low 250s on range charge after starting at 268 (I think I remember a 272 when I very first got the car, but I'm sure I had 268). So, I've lost around 5% or 10x Bjorn's 0.5%.

Now, I'm on pace for 20% at 100,000 miles which is on par with what Tesla was, at least informally, stating back in the day so I'm not overly disappointed.
Which pack type do you have? Were Tesla's statements based on the "A" pack?

EDIT: see that question was already asked.

That's what I call organised!!
BTW, is it feasible to carry a small light 3 Kw petrol generator in the trunk, in case of running out of current?
It would just give a max of 13 amps at 240 volts, but I might not be stranded!!!
Just an idea !

Thanks everybody for your comments. I am sure I will be laying out my deposit next week!!

Take a look at these threads:

Hack-charging on a generator

Can I charge my Model S on a generator?

Lots of folks have discussed it, but I think in the end no-one has ever really needed to actually do it. It likely also depends if your generator outputs power that is "clean" enough.

I wish that were the case. I've got 25,000 miles and I'm down to low 250s on range charge after starting at 268 (I think I remember a 272 when I very first got the car, but I'm sure I had 268). So, I've lost around 5% or 10x Bjorn's 0.5%.

I would also be interested to know what sort of regimen you have for 'normal' charging i.e. do you always charge to 100%? Do you always use a SC or HPWC? etc, etc. MW

Lots of folks have discussed it, but I think in the end no-one has ever really needed to actually do it. It likely also depends if your generator outputs power that is "clean" enough.

Exactly. The gasoline / petrol addiction is so strong, that folks are looking for a lifeline back to oil. Once you drive the car, you won't be thinking about a generator. I have managed to drive about 70,000 in purely electric vehicles since May 2011, and never carried a generator. That is all with cars that did not have a battery over 45kWh.

Where would you put the gasoline anyway?

That's it, I'm investing in a folding solar panel array that I can deploy next to the car, and a pop up windmill just in case I find myself stranded on my drive from London to Manchester(ish) in a little over a week... Can't wait! My major thought is, do I stop of in Birmingham to top off so that I have plenty of charge left when I get home to play with?

I've charged at 230V 24A (5.5kW) from a Honda EU65iS a couple of times, at my cabin in the mountains (which has no electrical service). No problems whatsoever. However the EU65iS is way too big to carry around ;)