Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've found this is common with people switching to electric for the first time. They are so used to the habit of "NO STOPS = FASTER" and so they try to do everything possible to stretch things out with white knuckling and giving themselves an ulcer. It's an adjustment to be able to realize that taking a hit of juice for 15 minutes every 2 or 3 hours isn't bad and is the more relaxing and faster way of doing that than trying to fill all the way up to full and then go as far as possible to avoid stopping.
To be honest since moving to full electric now in my household i really do appriciate the stop over for quick 15 minutes to grab a coffee or a snack... especially when i amgoing out with my family, my 5 year old and 2 year old love it as they eatch cocomelon on the tesla screen and had a bit of break from there seating position.

Combustion engines are stupefyingly inefficient. Most diesel engines do not even have a thermal efficiency of 50%. Of every gallon of diesel burned by a combustion engine, less than half of the energy generated becomes mechanical energy. That is to say, of the energy produced by the diesel engine in a pickup truck, for example, less than half of the energy produced actually pushes the pickup down the road.

For an electric vehicle, energy efficiency is estimated at 90%, meaning that 10% of the electricity consumed by the electric motor has not been used in the propulsion of the vehicle — not a very large amount.

You don’t notice when the gasoline engine is using extra fuel due to weather, hauling, climbing a hill or speed. 37 mpg v 43 mpg

Whereas in an electric motor, it’s much more obvious to us because it’s so much more efficient.

Like the others I enjoy having to stop. It makes for safer driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: SageBrush