Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick question..We have a 60 that we bought in Nov 2014. Back then , charging at 90% (what Tesla Recommended for daily driving) we used to get 180-185 miles of range. Now, just over 1 year and 3 months, we only get like 165 and only 180-185 when we charge it all the way to 100%. I believe that Tesla told us when we first bought the car that the battery would lose like 2-3% a year, but at this rate, we won't be able to go anywhere in another 2 years or so...I have talked to Tesla a couple of times and they even brought the car in and they keep telling us that there is nothing wrong with the battery or the car. One guy told me that the battery range that shows up on the dash is actually lower than what the cars real range is....HUH...??? LOL. Has anybody else had to deal with this ?

Just a quick question..We have a 60 that we bought in Nov 2014. Back then , charging at 90% (what Tesla Recommended for daily driving) we used to get 180-185 miles of range. Now, just over 1 year and 3 months, we only get like 165 and only 180-185 when we charge it all the way to 100%. I believe that Tesla told us when we first bought the car that the battery would lose like 2-3% a year, but at this rate, we won't be able to go anywhere in another 2 years or so...I have talked to Tesla a couple of times and they even brought the car in and they keep telling us that there is nothing wrong with the battery or the car. One guy told me that the battery range that shows up on the dash is actually lower than what the cars real range is....HUH...??? LOL. Has anybody else had to deal with this ?

Yes, the range varies seasonally...

Displayed Range and Seasonality

There will be degradation of your range over time. My linear regression is showing -1.5 miles per year, roughly.