Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery replacement 11/15 P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean your adding the miles per hour and how much time is left charging? Cause it really only matters what it shows at 100% SOC.
Or you have a V3 battery and don’t know it
A few times, after charging, the indicated battery status, at full charge, did show 270. I suppose I should have shot photos. Battery is V1. I looked at the part number on the label under the car.

You checked the battery #?

It might be a V3

Do you know what too look for to determine if it is?

You should download PowerTools and see what kind of kw ur getting. If above 490 it’s a v3
I was reading in a forum about the various batteries that could be in the car. So I cranked the wheel as instructed, switched on the flashlight and laid down on the concrete garage floor. I wrote the part number down, then checked it against the info in the forum. V1.

How the f*** did it die? You got more range than anyone I’ve ever heard besides myself. Mine got to 277. But I got it there myself. It started at 267 and the way I charge I added 10 miles

left me stranded on NYE when it failed to start three times. It's been in the service center since with no eta when the parts will arrive. They have informed me they will be replacing the pack again.

but I may purse the lemon law status as this could pose as dangerous if I were to be driving and it just died on me. Especially with two kids. Such a shame because I really do love the car.

left me stranded on NYE when it failed to start three times. It's been in the service center since with no eta when the parts will arrive. They have informed me they will be replacing the pack again.

but I may purse the lemon law status as this could pose as dangerous if I were to be driving and it just died on me. Especially with two kids. Such a shame because I really do love the car.
How did your charge habits add 10 miles?

Is that rated miles or ideal miles?
The 265 is the shown range on a 100% charge at home. I don't get anywhere near that.

What year, are you sure it is a V1?
Yes, the battery label shows it is a V1. 12/2015 build date.

I believe to hit the rated miles you need to average ~300wh/mi, maybe 330?
Yeah, I don't think I'm anywhere near that. Maybe on my next trip I'll use Range Mode and Chill. I don't think I see 3xx on any regular basis... 4xx and higher.

If you are more in the 400-450wh/mi range then the issue is most likely road/weather conditions or your driving style.
I don't typically use the AC or heater. Occasionally the seat heater. I do 1/8 mile sprints at any light that I'm in line first at.

can you define 2016.5? like are you talking about the V3 battery that ends in a 2? Or do you mean after a certain date built like June, everything has that?

thanks
Everyone has it from May 2016. There are the 3 different batteries that they come with. The first was one started with 107 and the next 2 they get better as far as performance and even adds a few miles of range. The batteries starting with 1088790 and 1088792 are the 2 elite V3 batteries but all should pull around 490kw (107) and go up to around 500-520kw (1088***) depending on which battery. But all 2016.5 facelift P90DL’s came with a range of 270 instead of 253 (2015-2016 prefacelift)

I dont think the lemon law applies to your car at this point..

I want to re-open this thread with an open invite to any p90d or p90dl v1 battery to chime in. Here are my questions
1. Did your v1 battery fail or is it still active ?
2. If you v1 battery failed did they replace it with v2 or v3.
3. How many miles and what was your rated range at time of failure ?

As a reference point I’m getting 265-267 rated range “on screen” at 100%. No way would I get this in the real world.
Interested to hear your responses. I have a p90d v1 battery with 6800 miles on it. It’s original as far as I know but I’m somewhat anxious about any type of failure after warranty expires in July 2024