Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery replacement cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

swegman

Mar 27, 2012
Yesterday morning there was a thread on a person that drove over a hitch on the roadway and damaged his car, requiring a new battery. He indicated that he wrote to Tesla requesting that one be able to over-ride the automatic low setting of the air suspension. There was also a discussion in the thread that the refurbished battery pack has less energy than his original battery pack.

I can't find that thread anymore. Has it been deleted? If so, why?

Yesterday morning there was a thread on a person that drove over a hitch on the roadway and damaged his car, requiring a new battery. He indicated that he wrote to Tesla requesting that one be able to over-ride the automatic low setting of the air suspension. There was also a discussion in the thread that the refurbished battery pack has less energy than his original battery pack.

I can't find that thread anymore. Has it been deleted? If so, why?

Its on the Tesla website forum not this one.

Did not realize I was not logged in. When I logged in the thread showed up.

According to the thread, a brand new battery pack is $50K. If too many battery packs get damaged by road debris, that will likely jack up insurance rates.

If Model S traction battery costs $50k and lasts 150,000 miles then wear and tear is $0.33/mile on just the battery. Then another $0.03/mile for electricity is trivial. Makes the $0.06/mile cost of gasoline for my Prius the past 60,000 miles look like the bargain it is.

If Model S traction battery costs $50k and lasts 150,000 miles then wear and tear is $0.33/mile on just the battery. Then another $0.03/mile for electricity is trivial. Makes the $0.06/mile cost of gasoline for my Prius the past 60,000 miles look like the bargain it is.

Too bad that driving a Prius is about as fun as cleaning toilets.