Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Replacement for 2013 Model S P85 taking forever (1014114-00-B)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In early August 2022, my 2013 Model S P85 got the dreaded "maximum battery charge level reduced" message. I scheduled an early September service center appointment. Meanwhile, in mid August, my Model S battery completely died after Tesla did some remote diagnostics on my car. I got the initial quote and it was for a remanufactured battery. A few days before the appointment, the service center moved my appointment out another 2 weeks to mid September. And then I get an updated estimate through the Tesla app and it's now for the new 1014114-00-B battery with the additional cost. Two days before my mid September appointment, the service center moves my appointment out another 2 weeks to early October. I ask why. The service center says they don't have the battery yet and don't have an ETA. Now, fast foward to Nov 13th today, my service appointment keeps on moving out 2-3 weeks about 2 days before my appointment. This has happened 5 times now. Talk about frustrating!!! The service center still says they don't have an ETA for the battery. They will only communicate with me through the app. I can't even talk to a human at the service center. My car has been sitting dead in my garage since mid August now. Any ideas on what I can do? Anyone else have this issue?

This has really made me never want to buy a Tesla again!