Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery service alert ID:7 - should/can I ignore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi folks,

since about a week my car shows that alert as above in the headline when starting it. the red "fault" symbol in the cockpit stays permantly glowing.
a buddy told me the reason for this fault i as loosen clinched measurement connection in the main battery and some day to many older roadsters this well-known fate will happen. his advice is not worry too much about but keep on driving as this fault is not critical and would not endanger the main functions of my car.

what are your thoughts? any experiences or advice?

thank you!

ps: one day before these alert began i had to replace the small 12 V battery. it was "dead".

holger

Last edited:
hi folks,
since about a week my car shows that alert as above in the headline when starting it. the red "fault" symbol in the cockpit stays permantly glowing.

what are your thoughts? any experiences or advice?
holger

Can you change your "Alert Txt" in the diagnostics menu to "Debug" and let us know what the error text changes to? I haven't seen that error before, and I can't seem to find any other mention of it here.

a buddy told me the reason for this fault i as loosen clinched measurement connection in the main battery and some day to many older roadsters this well-known fate will happen.

Can you provide pictures or another explanation of what in the battery causes such a fault to occur? Is the "clinched measurement connection" referring to the voltage sense leads that are riveted to each of the collector plates that connect the bricks in series?

thanx peter,

will have a look at the debug mode tomorrow an give you a message then.

Can you provide pictures or another explanation of what in the battery causes such a fault to occur? Is the "clinched measurement connection" referring to the voltage sense leads that are riveted to each of the collector plates that connect the bricks in series?

i am afraid i can not answer your 2nd question...

#ID 07 comes with (standard) text: Battery Service Required

In debug it comes up with #ID07: Battery Bleed Scan Failure

It's the rivet- issue. On my last roadster it showed up 1st. time app. 4 years ago. Logfiles have been checked by Tesla in those days, it was no cell/brick/sheet- issue, "only" the rivet- thing.

Nothing has been done to the battery since then, the ESS made app. 25tkm with that "problem", charging normal, driving normal, range fine, no drastical "drops" in range, the roadster is still running perfect with a good friend of mine, total milage now ca. 60.000 km, CAC 138,8.

The rivet-problem has been discussed here a few times before, bricks have been connected with rivets in the old days for bleed-scan, those rivets had the tendency to loose contact. Later ESS those contacts were plasma-welded. Unfortunately you can't make out a time-line in a way "...from VIN XXX you're safe", in Europe the first app. 170 had definitively that problem, but ESS with rivets were also built in later vehicles with EU-VIN in the 500's (2.5 Roadster).

IMG_4098.jpg

Last edited: