TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Battery service required

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by Vip, May 2, 2018.

1. Vip

Vip Member

My roadster had the dreaded fault come up today...Battery service required. The battery was at 150 miles. My wife had to manually unlock the car door. She noticed the faults but still was able to drive it. Luckily she was able to drive it home without any issues.
    I plugged it in when she got home. After it was done charging the fault seemed to have gone away. I even drove it around the neighborhood without any issues. Went back to the car later in the evening to see if it was still okay and it wasn't. The Battery service fault came back. The car starts up but I am unable to shift it into any gears. It keeps saying press on brake to change gears even though I am pressing on the brake.
    Looks like I will have to get it towed to Tesla tomorrow.
    From what I was reading on the forums it does not appear Tesla has any option for battery replacement other than the upgrade. Is this true?
    Any advice from people who have experienced this?
    Error code ID:259

2. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

I would use key pin code to get to service menu and go to ESS-->V&T--> and look what is voltage of MinBrick, guessing it's loose rivet on sense wire.

• Informative x 1
  3. Vip

Vip Member

How do I get to the service menu?

4. PRJIM

PRJIM Member

Charge Aborted Battery Problem Service Required Battery is too low to charge

Roadster VDS Messages