Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery size headache!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
download.png

Midnight Silver Metallic - Model X 90D

This is what it should look like. Can't wait to get the delivery>>>

Great advise my Tesla friends.
I am glad, I did order the 90D after listening you guys. Without this forum, I would have gone with smaller battery pack. Could have been a wrong decision. Thanks again. Now that, l o n g wait time!!!!

Long wait time? Funny. I waited 27 months from 2010 to 2012.
But I still have the Tesla grin after 3 1/2 years, and 46K miles.
Enjoy!

Reactions: loganintx
Long wait time? Funny. I waited 27 months from 2010 to 2012.
But I still have the Tesla grin after 3 1/2 years, and 46K miles.
Enjoy!
Traditionally, I never waited for to buy a car. So, this is the very first experience about "wait time" in car buying for me.. Yes, I do understand your 27 months wait... But luckily for me, it's only two months. It will feel like even longer though! Hope, the quality of Tesla Model X keep my Tesla grin for years to come..

Reactions: goneskiian
I would take 90D over 75D at any day and any time. The problem is, 75D maybe fine by today's standard. 5 years from now, even 90D will be demolishing. You also need to look the other way around, you have already spend that much more on a car, why not the 90D.

That is true WilliamZ. 90D is always is better choice than 75D. I just heard somewhere, that these battery packs has reserve capacity, which can only be unlocked by Tesla software update and they sell it for $3000. Is that true? If so, how many more miles, do you get with that? If anyone has info on this, it will be helpful...

That is true WilliamZ. 90D is always is better choice than 75D. I just heard somewhere, that these battery packs has reserve capacity, which can only be unlocked by Tesla software update and they sell it for $3000. Is that true? If so, how many more miles, do you get with that? If anyone has info on this, it will be helpful...
You're referring to Model S 70D's delivered after the front end refresh. They were actually 75D batteries delivered, and you can "upgrade" via software update. This is not typical, nor should you rely on it being the case in general with other batteries/models. It's also likely the 70D will go away within a few months, and 75D will become the new baseline.

How do we write this thing in each post?? Which is at the bottom of the posts..

Model X 90D | Deep Blue | 20" | Ultra White | 7 Seats | PUP | Subzero | AP | UHFS | TP | VIN 06714 | Confirmed 4/19/16 | Production estimated to start in early June
Model 3 | Reserved 3/31/16 In-store