Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery swap enabled!! (In beta, per Elon's tweet)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone receive an invite that lives in that area?

I have not ... I live in SOCAL and have had several email discussions with Jerome about upgrading my Sig A battery during the "battery-gate" uproar. Seems like a swap would be an easy way to do an upgrade. So they must not be ready to make that available yet (if at all). In the meantime, I'm thinking I'm better off to wait until a 100-110 pack to do an upgrade...

I will be driving past Harris Ranch in Mid-Feb, and just sent a note to ServiceHelpNA@teslamotors inquiring about the battery swap. Their response was essentially, 'There are many factors that determine which cars are chosen; we'll add you to the list and let you know if you're selected.' I have an early 2012 P85 with VIN #00061 and the A battery pack. Not holding my breath, but will keep you posted!

I will be driving past Harris Ranch in Mid-Feb, and just sent a note to ServiceHelpNA@teslamotors inquiring about the battery swap. Their response was essentially, 'There are many factors that determine which cars are chosen; we'll add you to the list and let you know if you're selected.' I have an early 2012 P85 with VIN #00061 and the A battery pack. Not holding my breath, but will keep you posted!

I suspect that if you do get chosen you will have to sign an NDA which will prevent you from being able to keep us posted. :wink:

So this is a specialized service center that does one thing, and does it well.

Has nothing at all to do with trips or travel plans.
--

It would be an odd place indeed to put a specialized service center ... not convenient at all. Unless you're on a road trip. Then it's placed *exactly* right.

Something tells me this is not a specialized service center.

Battery swap about to go live

Went through Harris Ranch today and the new battery swap looks ready to go. Here are a couple of pictures.

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 1,271