Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

battery swapping confirmed - no more "mystery" announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well just to add to the confusion... I have now heard from multiple folks at Tesla that the batter swap is real, will be happening soon and is entirely robotic. You will drive your car onto a platform, it will auto-align and swap the battery out for about the cost of a tank of gas. Take that for what it's worth, to me the money to do this would be better spent in making longer-range packs, and faster charging stations. We are clearly getting there and will probably e there sooner rather than later IMHO.

Well just to add to the confusion... I have now heard from multiple folks at Tesla that the batter swap is real, will be happening soon and is entirely robotic.
I don't think this was in dispute. The question was what kind of scale they would "bother" doing for this. Putting them at every "Tesla Station" regardless of expected demand projections seems foolish. But I've been wrong before when it comes to expenditures by TM.

Elon Musk is in london today opening the store. He was asked a question about battery swapping. His answer, was Tesla will test battery swapping on LA to SF corridor. If that’s popular, then it will be expanded, possibly to the UK too.

Elon Musk is in london today opening the store. He was asked a question about battery swapping. His answer, was Tesla will test battery swapping on LA to SF corridor. If that’s popular, then it will be expanded, possibly to the UK too.

It's in Westfield/Shepherds Bush, right? The website still doesn't have the location listed, but I'm only a few miles from there, so might pay it a visit at the weekend.