Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery temperature indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are some special displays that come with various versions of Ludicrous mode. Not sure if that's what you might have seen.

Other option is whether this was something that was being done via some of the third party tools, like scanmytesla which use connections into the car diagnostics port under the main screen to pull a level of information directly via the CAN bus that is not possible otherwise.

Those are the only two possibly things which I am aware of that match what you are possibly describing.

Engaging Ludicrous Plus mode on cars equipped with it engages the battery heater and displays the battery temp in an overlay in the energy window ... plus some other stats once the battery is warmed up and ready for a launch.

I believe the battery temperature display in the IC started on the P100D. P85D doesn't have it even if the car has ludicrous+ mode, though you can use a CANBUS scanner like ScanMyTesla to read it.
674E4538-F6A0-441F-BBBB-AF991C438783.jpeg

I am mentioning this display. It looks like it is not a third party equipment.
But I see some P100D does not have this display and wonder why.

Engaging Ludicrous Plus mode on cars equipped with it engages the battery heater and displays the battery temp in an overlay in the energy window ... plus some other stats once the battery is warmed up and ready for a launch.
Thank you. This means I have to turn on Ludicrous mode to see these data right? In normal mode I didn’t see it on dash though