Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery type on back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but you can easily remove it. Heat up the area with a blow dryer for a couple of minutes, then use some dental floss to carefully wedge through the double-sided tape under the emblems. You should be able to peel the remaining heated sticky residue with your fingers. Any remaining gunk can be gently wiped off with Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth. Avoid rubbing heavily on the Tesla paint as it will show microscratches quite easily at least on a dark color. Whole thing should take you 5 minutes.

No specific experience for you, but even if they accidentally install it, it'll be really easy to take off. Given it's new and won't have had time to bake on, they should pull right after after being heated with a hairdryer. If they seem stuck, you can kind of "cut" them off by pulling through the adhesive with floss or fishing line, then using an adhesive remover.

The first thing I did with my last car was gently heat and pull off the badges.

Edit: Beat by 2 minutes! Well, at least you have independent confirmation that it's easy.

it's one thing to remove a dealer's identification (I hate that) .... but removing model distinction looks ghetto and also makes it harder for law enforcement to identify vehicles. also probably gives them a valid reason to stop you for no reason. "your's plates registered as X but I thought this car was a '___' and thought it was stolen" . Now he can stop you and ticket you for something else.

it's one thing to remove a dealer's identification (I hate that) .... but removing model distinction looks ghetto and also makes it harder for law enforcement to identify vehicles. also probably gives them a valid reason to stop you for no reason. "your's plates registered as X but I thought this car was a '___' and thought it was stolen" . Now he can stop you and ticket you for something else.
Wow, I guess the stereotype of NJ cops are true..... My car was not delivered with a P85 and I'm not going to have one installed. We also have no spoiler and silver 21's. These were all cosmetic decisions made by my wife (it's her car) so there's no external way to know it's a P85. Why advertise it's a $100k car vs a $65k one? Lack of badges would never pass for PC out here. I would have a police department for breakfast if they tried to pull that. Also, your characterization of "ghetto" is clearly in the eye of the beholder.

Hardly. If a cop tried that on me, I'd sue the department into the ground and retire from the proceeds. Just saying.

I requested no badging but all they agreed to remove was the 85. They gave me the unattached 85 badge upon delivery. I would've preferred to have all branding removed from the whole car, front, sides, and back. Never been into the corporate branding thing; it's like sneakers... the whole notion of Nike being "cool" is artificial in my view. As for the car, I'm not being paid to promote the company while driving and prefer the mystery-car look. I realize this is not the prevailing view but it's how I roll. You may attack when ready.

I requested no badging but all they agreed to remove was the 85. They gave me the unattached 85 badge upon delivery. I would've preferred to have all branding removed from the whole car, front, sides, and back. Never been into the corporate branding thing; it's like sneakers... the whole notion of Nike being "cool" is artificial in my view. As for the car, I'm not being paid to promote the company while driving and prefer the mystery-car look. I realize this is not the prevailing view but it's how I roll. You may attack when ready.

No love for Tesla.... embarrassed to be seen driving one?

Usually debadged cars around here are cheap dumpy Toyota camrys and Hondas with full limo tint bc their embarrassed to me driving around in something so junky and don't want to be seen in it.