TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Battery Upgrade Discount?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by wilheldp, Feb 3, 2017.

1. wilheldp

wilheldp Member

So, I was doing my 2016 taxes and needed my VIN for the EV tax credit. So I logged into the My Tesla page to copy/paste the VIN. I was scrolling around on that page and notice that I have the option to purchase the 75 kWh battery upgrade for my 60D...for $7000! Last time I looked, the upgrade was $9000.

I just checked, and the 60D to 75D price difference on custom ordering is only $6500 now, and I'm pretty sure that was higher when I ordered mine. When did this price change happen? I'm tempted to buy at a 22% discount. Maybe that is Tesla's plan...drop the price right around tax season to entice people to spend their tax credit on the upgrade. Just might work on me.

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago. Unless you're regularly going to drive to the edge, imho it's not worth it. Being able to charge to 100% regularly on the 60 is a better deal.

• Like x 2
  3. croman

croman Active Member

Yes, $7k is a rip off. I'm waiting for $1k or maybe never. S60 is the best deal around. All the benefits of the 75 except for the one time 39 mile shot. Remember, 90% of 75 is almost 100% of 60.

• Like x 1