Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery upgrade uncork?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi one and all and greetings from Denmark that's Europe not USA :)
I will be collecting my secondhand 2014 Tesla S 60 next Saturday and cant wait its low mail age and been very well looked after from what I can see.
I have always found that to be a member of an owners club in the past to be a great help in finding out so much more about a vehicle and my last car owners club was in deed very helpful in many ways and can only hope this one is as well run as my previous club.
Enough of my introductions.
I have a couple of questions that I hope I am posting in the correct place.
I wish to upgrade my 60 Battery to the 70 or 75 with the just recently lowered price.
I am unsure if i can upgrade to 70 or 75 and I also see mention of uncorked to attain a slight better performance ! is this some thing that can be done once I have upgraded the battery and is there a charge for it or does it come in the upgrade of the battery. Another words do I need to ask for it when I am upgrading the battery.
Not having the car means I cant get into any of the menu's that may answers these questions but i just cant wait to get the car and am really looking forward to the tesla experience for many years to come.
Thanks again for your time.
Regards.

Congrats on your new acquisition @Voveri. I too have a MS 60, although it is a '17. I would have plunked down the extra $2,000 (US) to upgrade to the 75, however since mine is only a rear-wheel drive, I elected to stay put. It is not possible to uncork RWD Teslas as confirmed on several threads on this forum and via phone conversations with Tesla. Only dual-motor Tesla's, including AWD 60s that upgrade to 75 are eligible for uncorking.

Not certain about the ability to upgrade older 60 kWh batteries to 70 or 75. Uncorking is definitely off the table if a RWD. A quick search on this forum will provide the answer. Or another helpful member will soon chime in I'm sure.

Last edited:
I don't know if the 2014 60s can be upgraded. The only ones that can be upgraded are software limited cars with the larger battery installed from the factory.

Perhaps you could get a photo of the battery sticker? It is on the battery, visible from the front right wheel well.

Thank you for your kind response, I think I have it figured out now. My S 60 is 2014 and as such it was built with a 6o Battery its the later S60 that was built with a 75 battery pack that can then be updated to the max 75. The confusion is due to the re entering of the S 60 when it was re introduced and not given a new name or number.
At least that's the way I read all the forums, So i cant upgrade to a larger capacity and its not there in the first place Boo Hoo and no Uncork as its not a Duel Motor Model. So now i have to decide if i want to invest in the supercharger option that my car currently dosn't have !!!! Hmmmm
Thank again.