Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would be better off buying a used S with a larger battery.
very helpful... op already has the car.

I have a 2014 model S 60, I would love to upgrade my battery for more range. Does anyone know of someone who can do this for me?
you could try reaching out to the electrified garage team or gruber motors , these are the only ones im aware of in the states that might be able to help you out .

I have a 2014 model S 60, I would love to upgrade my battery for more range. Does anyone know of someone who can do this for me?
My 2016 S 60 came with a 75kW battery that was software locked to 60. Tesla used to offer to remove the lock for a fee but that program was recently ended. Still you might want to see if your battery is actually a 75 and then see if some place like Gruber could unlock it.

Reactions: rickyjb
I have a 2017 MS 75 and Gruber told me it would be about $22k to upgrade to a 90kw battery. not sure if it's the same price for your 60
For THEM to do it? That's what Tesla would charge you, and they'd give you a brand new battery with a 4 year/50k warranty to boot.
My 2016 S 60 came with a 75kW battery that was software locked to 60. Tesla used to offer to remove the lock for a fee but that program was recently ended. Still you might want to see if your battery is actually a 75 and then see if some place like Gruber could unlock it.
They will still unlock the 60s for a fee, the program has not ended.

As for OP, No 2014 60s were software locked, as they were all sold 2+ years before that was a thing.

For THEM to do it? That's what Tesla would charge you, and they'd give you a brand new battery with a 4 year/50k warranty to boot.

They will still unlock the 60s for a fee, the program has not ended.

As for OP, No 2014 60s were software locked, as they were all sold 2+ years before that was a thing.

Well, nor sure what to say. The option is no longer on the Tesla app on my phone (it used to be) and when I rang Tesla they said the option had been discontinued. ???

Well, nor sure what to say. The option is no longer on the Tesla app on my phone (it used to be) and when I rang Tesla they said the option had been discontinued. ???
Most service centers don’t know about it and are too busy and/or incompetent to do a little research. If you want it, give them this part number:

BATTERY UPGRADE, 60kWh to 75 kWh, MS(1091845-06-A)

Cost is $2250 I believe.