TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Battery Versions A B C D E F...what do they mean?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Slipstream, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Slipstream

Slipstream Member

Hi All,

Apologies if this is on another thread, but I haven't been able to get detailed info on what each battery type designation (A, B, C, D, E, F) means. I know the charging speed is improved on each iteration, but not much more.

I also know you can find your battery type on a sticker hidden underneath the car behind the front passenger wheel well.

Does a specific battery version (i.e. F) mean that it can be upgraded? Is it a new type of shape/size/weight? Or is it just more efficient in charging/maintaining charge?

Thanks in advance for any info you have!

2. Slipstream

Slipstream Member

Hi again...thought I'd re-send this to anyone who may know the answer.

3. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

It's the revision. So the original battery was A, then they did some change and bumped the rev to B, etc.

As for what changed, Tesla won't say. We do know the A batteries are limited at the superchargers. AFAIK, rev B and up are all the same as far as supercharging.

4. Slipstream

Slipstream Member

Thanks, zwede. Perhaps someone else has further info to share with us.