Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery warming icon?

vpblur

Sep 28, 2018
Superior, CO
Got cold here in CO so am pre-warming the car before I drive home. What is the icon in the top right? Battery warming up?
IMG_887DA76DD9E6-1.jpeg

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
What is the icon in the top right? Battery warming up?

Yes.

In the old days, there's no Snow Flake Icon on your app. You can turn on your cabin heater and assume that the heater to warm up your battery is also on but there's no guarantee.

In modern days of today, your app does have a Snow Flake Icon so you can know whether the battery heater is on or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H

Babaron

Jan 24, 2017
SW Ohio and west central FL
So in that picture there is also an icon for the windshield defrost, upper right, that is orange. Does that mean it is on? There’s another bottom right that is not orange unless you press it. Why 2 icons?

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
So in that picture there is also an icon for the windshield defrost, upper right, that is orange. Does that mean it is on? There’s another bottom right that is not orange unless you press it. Why 2 icons?
I'm guessing front window and back window.

Hugh Mannity

Mediocre Member
Jul 31, 2014
Calgary, AB
The bottom icon puts the car into high defrost mode. I think the rear window wire heater comes on automatically when you pre heat the cabin.

My question is: why does the battery icon shown above only show when the car is in motion? If the car is pre heating or is not moving that icon doesn’t show? Weird as I know the battery is still being heated when you pre heat. Is it because when the car is moving there is also heat from the motors warming the battery?

I think I need to go watch some Bjorn vids again!

On a side note. vpblur I see you use Celsius in your car. Are you military or the scientific field or something?

vpblur

Sep 28, 2018
Superior, CO
The bottom icon puts the car into high defrost mode. I think the rear window wire heater comes on automatically when you pre heat the cabin.

My question is: why does the battery icon shown above only show when the car is in motion? If the car is pre heating or is not moving that icon doesn’t show? Weird as I know the battery is still being heated when you pre heat. Is it because when the car is moving there is also heat from the motors warming the battery?

I think I need to go watch some Bjorn vids again!

On a side note. vpblur I see you use Celsius in your car. Are you military or the scientific field or something?

I am kiwi mate. From New Zealand. So SI Units are the norm for me...fahrenheit are strange units!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC