Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery warming icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got cold here in CO so am pre-warming the car before I drive home. What is the icon in the top right? Battery warming up?
IMG_887DA76DD9E6-1.jpeg

What is the icon in the top right? Battery warming up?

Yes.

In the old days, there's no Snow Flake Icon on your app. You can turn on your cabin heater and assume that the heater to warm up your battery is also on but there's no guarantee.

In modern days of today, your app does have a Snow Flake Icon so you can know whether the battery heater is on or not.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
The bottom icon puts the car into high defrost mode. I think the rear window wire heater comes on automatically when you pre heat the cabin.

My question is: why does the battery icon shown above only show when the car is in motion? If the car is pre heating or is not moving that icon doesn’t show? Weird as I know the battery is still being heated when you pre heat. Is it because when the car is moving there is also heat from the motors warming the battery?

I think I need to go watch some Bjorn vids again!

On a side note. vpblur I see you use Celsius in your car. Are you military or the scientific field or something?

The bottom icon puts the car into high defrost mode. I think the rear window wire heater comes on automatically when you pre heat the cabin.

My question is: why does the battery icon shown above only show when the car is in motion? If the car is pre heating or is not moving that icon doesn’t show? Weird as I know the battery is still being heated when you pre heat. Is it because when the car is moving there is also heat from the motors warming the battery?

I think I need to go watch some Bjorn vids again!

On a side note. vpblur I see you use Celsius in your car. Are you military or the scientific field or something?

I am kiwi mate. From New Zealand. So SI Units are the norm for me...fahrenheit are strange units!