Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery Warranty Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have question regarding the battery warranty. I know the 60s warranty is 8 yrs/125k miles...but doesn't CARB state that the battery needs to be 10yrs/150k miles? Is Tesla's warranty not CARB-compliant then?

Reading the Carb Compliance this appears to be correct, but it would only apply to Carb states, and for vehicles pruchased and operated within those states.

Current Carb States from Wiki:Other states may choose to follow either the national standard or the stricter California standards. States adopting the California standards include Arizona (2012 model year),[1] Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia.[2][3] Such states are frequently referred to as "CARB states" in automotive discussions because the regulations are defined by the California Air Resources Board.

Reading the Carb Compliance this appears to be correct, but it would only apply to Carb states, and for vehicles pruchased and operated within those states.

Current Carb States from Wiki:Other states may choose to follow either the national standard or the stricter California standards. States adopting the California standards include Arizona (2012 model year),[1] Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia.[2][3] Such states are frequently referred to as "CARB states" in automotive discussions because the regulations are defined by the California Air Resources Board.

I thought the battery warranty only applied to PZEVs--hybrids or plug-in hybrids. Where the failure of a component would increase the emissions of the vehicle. There are some more nuances around whether it is thus an advanced technology PZEV and such. In the end, though, don't believe it's applicable to the Tesla since there is no other drive mode than electric. Well, push mode I suppose :)