Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Relative newbe here, is it possible to reboot your battery? Lately me S won't charge all the way to the specified setting. An example - when charge is set to 80% car charges to 76-77%. Also 85% charge has dropped from 225-226 to 220-221.
Anything I can do from home to maybe fix this?
Thanks

I've never had my X charge to strange percents. If you charge early in the morning and it sits for a few hours before you check it the battery level might be down due to vampire losses. I think most likely at 76% to 77% is that the car did not actually charge at all. typically it will wait until it's about 3% lower than the charge limit before it will start to charge. That's all normal.

The 85% charge drop could be normal battery degradation (how old is the car?). It could also be an imbalance (helped by charging close to 100%, but don't leave it sitting at 100% for long), or just a battery monitor estimation error (helped by nearly draining the battery and then filling it again). That should allow a more accurate estimate. There have also been firmware updates that have changed the battery level estimate that can cause a sudden drop in rated miles at specific percentage charges. That happened to my X in mid-2017, but is very infrequent. But if you are comparing RM from long ago to RM now that is a possibility.