Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area CA solar roof install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live in Cupertino CA and are thinking about doing a solar roof + powerwalls. Is there someone in the nearby area that has one installed where we could drive by and see? Also, could i email you to get feedback on the process and whether you'd recommend the solar roof?

I am in the Bay Area, but out in the East Bay. There are a lot of installs in and around Cupertino, so hopefully, someone will provide a closer reference.

We did have a Solar Roof and 2 Powerwalls installed and documented the installation process. We love the roof and the Powerwalls. Having power bills drop from $500 to $70/mo is excellent! And not having to worry about losing power in a PSPS is fantastic.

Publicly available information (whether intended to or not), was being used for mine and others in neighborhood in bay area for local building permit approval...look at very last (10?) pages the very long document for meeting agenda listed here:

https://www.hillsborough.net/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_08032020-1017

...you will find what you want.

Why the heck would Hillsborough pay for a 130 page report on Tesla solar tiles? Who could have possibly complained??? haha

BTW I swear I've seen that P004N0 Tesla driving around...

Tesla solar roof info is a very minor part of the report...no complaints, but they have "stricter" architectural design approval than likely other townships in the area....for better or worse.
But the point of request for info by original poster is there and maybe helpful.

Heh. I started putting some of those addresses into Google Maps, and Street View caught one of them mid-install: Google Maps

Mine was close to that, my street view shot was updated within a few weeks of when my install finished. The satellite shot for my house has also been updated since the roof went on, an earlier satellite shot I know was taken the day I closed on the house, since both my vehicle and the previous owner's were in the driveway. Had that shot been taken a day earlier I'd have been the 'big-top' on the street due to the red & white striped fumigation tent that was over the place. :p

Reactions: Macbest and GenSao
Heh. I started putting some of those addresses into Google Maps, and Street View caught one of them mid-install: Google Maps

Mine was close to that, my street view shot was updated within a few weeks of when my install finished. The satellite shot for my house has also been updated since the roof went on, an earlier satellite shot I know was taken the day I closed on the house, since both my vehicle and the previous owner's were in the driveway. Had that shot been taken a day earlier I'd have been the 'big-top' on the street due to the red & white striped fumigation tent that was over the place. :p
That's some good timing on the street view - gives a good idea of the install process and size of the tiles.

The aerial view for our house just got updated a couple weeks ago to show the new roof. But the resolution is not really good enough to see much other than the roof is much blacker than it used to be and than the surrounding houses, most of which are gray slate.