TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area: Center Console wrapping recommendations?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Trevor B, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

OCD is asking $300 and I'm not particularly skilled at doing this myself, so can folks please share any recommended places for getting this done in SF/East Bay/Peninsula?

Also, is there a specific wrap brand that I should be looking for?

2. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

3. sroh

sroh Member

Not sure I can answer your question with a specific rec. But $300 is highway robbery!

Take it to any shop that does PPF wraps and they will quote a price. Many here have mentioned they took their Model 3 in for a front wrap and the installer threw in the console wrap for free.

But I really encourage you to reconsider and get yourself one of the Kenriko kits from Amazon. They really are easy to install. Just need to be patient and take your time. Comes in all different looks. And it costs $30. I got the matte black which looks great. The Matrix black looks great also. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kenriko&sprefix=kenri%2Caps%2C204&crid=GA3AVNTJDPDD

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Thanks!

OCD folks tell me they charge $300 because they completely "disassemble" the console to install the film vs doing it in place.

In any event, that is a LOT of $ o_O

5. hapa_toast

hapa_toast Member

If you don't want to spend a ton on the center console I would second sroh's recommendation on going with a good Kenriko kit...or even RPM Tesla or any other vendor as the kits are all pretty much the same in my opinion - good vinyl cut to the proper specs to fit your center console. Application is pretty easy if you have a steady hand, you're patient, and can squeegee bubbles out. Kenriko even includes some extra vinyl if you mess up. If you have access to a vinyl cutter (either commerical or consumer - like Silhouette or Cricut) you can make your own...just order some 3M 1080 (some even used DiNoc) vinyl in the pattern you want.

I even did my own chrome delete following some good YouTube instructions as I saw paying $700-1000 as ridiculous to apply some vinyl tape. I paid for a great quality tint job but drew the line at something I could try myself and came out half decently.

6. steven415

steven415 Member

I've installed 2 different wraps on my console. If you got an 1hour of free time, it's best to order the 30 dollar kit. I ordered 20 bucks worth of vinyl and cut it myself the first time. I went with the 30 dollar kit as it's much less of a hassle. Paying $300 is a total rip off.

7. hapa_toast

hapa_toast Member

8. tivoboy

tivoboy Member

I did the online kit from amazon and Kenrico. Took me about 40 minutes all in and 30$. Looks great. Frankly, I wouldn't want the entire console disassembled just to have this done. Well, that and the extra 270$ in my pocket.

• Like x 1
  9. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Thanks! Will try it out