Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area: Center Console wrapping recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
OCD is asking $300 and I'm not particularly skilled at doing this myself, so can folks please share any recommended places for getting this done in SF/East Bay/Peninsula?

Also, is there a specific wrap brand that I should be looking for?

Not sure I can answer your question with a specific rec. But $300 is highway robbery!

Take it to any shop that does PPF wraps and they will quote a price. Many here have mentioned they took their Model 3 in for a front wrap and the installer threw in the console wrap for free.

But I really encourage you to reconsider and get yourself one of the Kenriko kits from Amazon. They really are easy to install. Just need to be patient and take your time. Comes in all different looks. And it costs $30. I got the matte black which looks great. The Matrix black looks great also. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/s?url=search...nriko&sprefix=kenri,aps,204&crid=GA3AVNTJDPDD

If you don't want to spend a ton on the center console I would second sroh's recommendation on going with a good Kenriko kit...or even RPM Tesla or any other vendor as the kits are all pretty much the same in my opinion - good vinyl cut to the proper specs to fit your center console. Application is pretty easy if you have a steady hand, you're patient, and can squeegee bubbles out. Kenriko even includes some extra vinyl if you mess up. If you have access to a vinyl cutter (either commerical or consumer - like Silhouette or Cricut) you can make your own...just order some 3M 1080 (some even used DiNoc) vinyl in the pattern you want.

I even did my own chrome delete following some good YouTube instructions as I saw paying $700-1000 as ridiculous to apply some vinyl tape. I paid for a great quality tint job but drew the line at something I could try myself and came out half decently.

I've installed 2 different wraps on my console. If you got an 1hour of free time, it's best to order the 30 dollar kit. I ordered 20 bucks worth of vinyl and cut it myself the first time. I went with the 30 dollar kit as it's much less of a hassle. Paying $300 is a total rip off.