TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area: Detailing group buy?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Trevor B, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

This thread got me thinking if there was something similar for the bay area .. after all, this is Tesla's home town :)

Thanks.

2. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

If there is sign me up. I know a lot of people go to OCDetailing.

3. 1dirtypanda

1dirtypanda Member

Am interested. OC Detailing is suuuuper expensive compared to everyone else and including SoCal detailers.

4. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Any updates on this? Which vendor(s) were you thinking about?

5. dailo

dailo Member

I reached out to a few places and doesn't seem like anyone is interested in group buy, guess it doesn't help most places are booked months out. I found one place in San Jose (www.wheelxperts.net) that might entertain it. Before I spend too much time trying to figure something out, trying to gauge how many folks would be interested. They use Xpel forTint and PPF. Maybe try to setup some structure like the Socal group did.

6. sroh

sroh Member

I am in San Jose and am waiting for our AWD Model 3. I would definitely be interested in a group buy for ppf (front end, not the entire car) and tint.

7. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Me too ... interested in front end wrapping/tint

8. zonela

zonela Member

I am in the Bay Area and waiting for AWD M3. Interested in doing full front PPF and tint, maybe basic ceramic coating. Please sign me up.

9. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

400 views ... so there's interest.

Now we just need to find a (reputed) place that is willing to entertain a group buy :)

10. hqubic

hqubic Member

South Bay Area waiting for AWD, also interested in frontal PPF + tint.

11. dailo

dailo Member

Anyone that has been to WheelXperts have any comment? I know they have done other Tesla’s but don’t have seen a lot of reviews. The prices aren’t cheap but more reasonable than some of the other places I’ve called.

12. shayster

shayster Member

Sign me up as well!

13. zonela

zonela Member

I called WheelXperts earlier today after seeing your post, def more reasonable pricing and willing to give discount if I do PPF/tint/ceramic coating with them altogether. Read a few yelp reviews and seems like they done a few Model 3s. For tint they can do one piece rear windows as well.

14. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

15. dailo

dailo Member

I'll call Wheelxperts tomorrow and see what they would be willing to do. Only way to make them go for it would be to make sure they take on as little risk as possible. The Socal model group buy worked out because they rebated folks as more people got into the group buy, but not sure how that would work logistically. Seems like there is enough interest where we can at least start off with five cars. I don't even have my car yet, but always looking for a deal :)

16. daver6640

daver6640 Member

I would think this is common / normal but do they clay bar and do a paint correction before applying the PPF?

17. dailo

dailo Member

I will definitely ask, but I expect the answer to be they do minimal paint correct and it is an option you have to pay additional for. Looks like they have done a decent number of Teslas. Personally, I'll be prepping the paint myself and still on the fence about the PPF. For sure I'd be looking to do tint and possibly chrome delete.

Wheel Xperts Clear Bra (@wheelxpertsclearbra) • Instagram photos and videos

18. dailo

dailo Member

I called in and shared the LA group buy with the shop and they are interested in putting some packages together. They are going to get back to me with some numbers for some packages, but sounds promising.

• Like x 1
  19. Vines

Vines Member

I would be interested depending on price.

I'm looking at 2-4 months delivery time, Perfromance 3. I'd like a full front clear PPF with Xpel ultimate + or similar top shelf product. Also interested in tint, possibly chrome delete.

20. Nisesen

Nisesen Member

Also awaiting my AWD Model 3. Located near South SF, would like to join this group buy. Thanks!