Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, still waiting
LR/RWD, Aero
Reserved day 1 stanford mall, invited end of March, configured about 5/16, eta was 3-6 weeks, then got the July delay email, have't heard anything since. *shrug* July delay email didn't really bother me because I figured it was gonna be early july anyway based on 3-6 weeks, but it's a bit odd to hear of all of the orders going through almost immediately now.

I just realized, is it critical to fill out insurance and DL info? Maybe that's my problem. I have my DL but not my wife's, and haven't put in insurance info because I figured why not wait until my name comes up... but maybe that makes a difference? The site doesn't give any indication that it matters....

Yup, still waiting
LR/RWD, Aero
Reserved day 1 stanford mall, invited end of March, configured about 5/16, eta was 3-6 weeks, then got the July delay email, have't heard anything since. *shrug* July delay email didn't really bother me because I figured it was gonna be early july anyway based on 3-6 weeks, but it's a bit odd to hear of all of the orders going through almost immediately now.

I just realized, is it critical to fill out insurance and DL info? Maybe that's my problem. I have my DL but not my wife's, and haven't put in insurance info because I figured why not wait until my name comes up... but maybe that makes a difference? The site doesn't give any indication that it matters....

No ... the VIN processing proceeds in parallel, is independent of this.

Agreed, really weird the local folks are being (apparently) ignored.

Looks like a red/19” wheels issue? If you configured in 6/27, not sure why you think you are delayed or being ignored by Tesla...

I’m still waiting... had the June delivery delay email... no car received in June (ugh)

Reserved day 1: 3/31/16
Invited 4/18/18
Configured 4/22/18
TWD Red 19” wheels PUP EAP

Hasn’t made any difference here.. all my stuff has been completed since day one of configuring.

Looks like a red/19” wheels issue? If you configured in 6/27, not sure why you think you are delayed or being ignored by Tesla...

I’m still waiting... had the June delivery delay email... no car received in June (ugh)

Invited 4/18/18
Configured 4/22/18

"Ignored" was re: folks who reserved on day 1, while somebody (non-owner) back east reserved in May, configured 6/27. delivery ETA late July

Possible it's the red/19" wheels. Looks like there are not that many being made? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: MissyMcBee
Reservation place 3/31/16
Invite recv'd early April 18 (waited to configure until after my father recv'd his; start to finish he received his vehicle in 5 weeks from config)
Configured on June 17 and web page still said 3 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Nada.......have now called Tesla twice to speak with an ISA, especially since it seems people are essentially getting M3s "out of turn". Rep gave me a bit of song and dance and then I asked about the VIN as it seems like that those have been coming out shortly after config date. Absolutely nothing more than call us back next week if you have not received your VIN.

Six week delivery window puts it at end of July. If they can't come close to that then will considering cancelling and fighting it out for the $3500. They need to learn to underpromise and overdeliver.

I am in Fresno but selected Fremont as my delivery location.
3/31/16 reservation First in line Seaside
2/22 Invite
4/30 Config
July delay email
No Contact No Vin
Red/Sport/EAP

I am happy people are getting their cars but I would be lying if it didn’t hurt...punch to the gut when I hear others that configured in June are getting VINs.

Reactions: MissyMcBee

Invited 4/18/18
Configured 4/22/18
Any update? I thought Tesla said they would reach out to you. I would assume crickets...

Reserved 3/31/16
Invited 4/18/18
Configured 4/23/18
Edit design finally went away on 6/28.
Called 6/30. VIN assigned.
No delivery date.
No contact.
FREMONT

For all you 6/27 invites: GO GET A COLD ONE AND RELAX. It’s only been a few days. 4/18 invites are still waiting for cars. You shouldn’t have as long as a wait like we have, many which are still waiting for a VIN, since the “flood gates are now open” since we had to get delayed for all of you to be able to get the tax incentives.