Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay area folks: Are you still waiting to hear re: delivery after configuring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, still waiting
LR/RWD, Aero
Reserved day 1 stanford mall, invited end of March, configured about 5/16, eta was 3-6 weeks, then got the July delay email, have't heard anything since. *shrug* July delay email didn't really bother me because I figured it was gonna be early july anyway based on 3-6 weeks, but it's a bit odd to hear of all of the orders going through almost immediately now.

I just realized, is it critical to fill out insurance and DL info? Maybe that's my problem. I have my DL but not my wife's, and haven't put in insurance info because I figured why not wait until my name comes up... but maybe that makes a difference? The site doesn't give any indication that it matters....
I think you have to provide your current insurance info, you don't need a M3 VIN for that yet, just whatever insurance you have. I had to provide that when I configured to complete my delivery profile, and the website said that someone from Tesla will contact me. Then I got contacted, and schedule delivery with a VIN, at that point I contacted my insurance agent to update the insurance policy to include the M3 before taking delivery.

Heard something just now! Car is ready to go and they will be delivering in the next few days!!! No VIN yet.
Yay! All of the April/May orders are finally getting some love!!

I just sent my ISA my pre-approved loan info. It's been an hour and he hasn't responded, I'm starting to stalk him on google now and trying to find his phone number! LOL. I have a friend who works at Tesla, maybe I can ask him to look up their number!

Reservation 3/31/2016 online
Invited: about 4/15/18
Configured about 5/15/18

Got e-mail / call confirming config: 6/27/18
On 6/29 got my Vin (48xxx) and delivery date 7/6/18

Grey (Midnight) /19” wheels/LR/PUP/EAP

Now waiting for Contract and Payment link....ISP said it is chaotic and lots of growing pains on delivery side