TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Bay Area Group buy/install of front and back Lighted Ts and front camera.

Discussion in 'California' started by artsci, Aug 7, 2014.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

May 10, 2012
    Timonium, Maryland
    Two weeks ago I visited the TMC Connect event in Monterey and ran into a Bay Area owner while I was helping a fellow Tesla owner install a front and back lighted T (see links below describing these modifications). He had seen my post about it a few weeks ago and really wanted to do it but felt that the DIY approach was over his head.

It turns out that I had an extra front T assembly and he was willing to do the install with me. That only wetted his appetite to install the back T as well. He isalso interested in adding the front camera that I developed as asolution for those without parking sensors (or who want added protectionfor the front of the car).

He initially discussed with me the possibility of doing a group install in the Bay Area under my supervision (the owners doing it with my guidance) but after some thought felt that most owners (himself included) would
    prefer that the installations be done by a professional.

So... he is trying to assess how many Bay Area owners may be interested in a professional install in the Bay Area of a Front Lighted T, and/or Back Lighted T, and/or Front Camera

If there are enough interested owners he will find a local installer that I will be guided to implement these mods. Also, if thee are at least 8 parties lined up I will provide a discount on the front and rear Ts assemblies.

Below is a rough estimate of the costs (including parts and labor) to have
    this workl= done by a professional installer (to be confirmed). The more owners who commit to doing this the better the price is likely to be.

Front T: $350
    Back T: $400
    Front Camera integrated with touch screen, with PCB switch: $800

See links for details on these features:

Camera switch:

Front lighted T:

Rear lighted T n(and some of front):

If you're interested please PM me and or post here.
  2. Neophile

Neophile New Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Union City, CA
    I would like the front camera installed.
  3. dennis

dennis P85D

Jul 26, 2012
    Silicon Valley CA
    While I am not in the market for this upgrade, I can recommend an extremely good Bay Area installer who is very familiar with the Model S. They did my parking sensors 18 months ago and have done at least 20 other Model S with that upgrade as well as radar detector installations and audio upgrades. Here is a post with some pics they took of my installation.

Ernesto Oñate
    Sound Innovations
    29400 Kohoutek Way #100
    Union City, CA 94587
    Sound Innovations
  4. mrserf33

mrserf33 Member

Feb 23, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I would like the front and rear lighted T's. Thank you.
  5. Larry

Larry Member

Jul 28, 2013
    East Bay of SF
    I would be in for the front camera
  6. highedu

highedu Member

Dec 1, 2012
    East Bay Area, CA
    I would go for front and back lighted t's