Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBbucs92

Sep 27, 2020
SF
Looking for any similar experiences and any advice as I struggle through my pick-up/ delivery experience.

I order my new Model X about a month ago. Finally started getting text messages about upcoming delivery, etc. While my pickup was finally scheduled for Tuesday 9/29, I have yet to have anybody call or reach out other than automated texts. I then received a text that my MX was early and arrived at the Serramonte location today. Since I've been living in NYC for the last couple years, I am getting a new insurance plan and it isn't bounded yet since I didnt have a VIN until today. I've been trying to get in contact with any and everybody and Tesla but nobody is picking up at number the gave me and the mailbox is full. So few questions:

-Anybody else having trouble getting in contact with somebody at the Serramonte delivery center to either confirm to reschedule their delivery pick-up?
-I currently have a "temporary insurance ID", but the policy isn't bounded bc I didnt have a VIN yet. Is this sufficient for pick-up?
-Am I expected to just wait until somebody hopefully calls me back?

Very much looking forward to my pick-up, but man has this process been painful.

Hi TBbucs92...I'm a new Tesla owner also. Just picked up my XLR in Tampa on Wednesday night...right in the middle of the Tesla computer system crash!

Despite the computer problems, I found the Tesla delivery team (who were understandably overwhelmed!) to be helpful and courteous. It's too bad that some of the customers were playing "shoot the messenger"!

My X showed up earlier than expected, which suited me fine! They really only wanted proof of insurance....even though it wasn't specifically for the new X...still on my BMW, which I was turning in at the end of the lease. Most insurance companies (I believe) have a grace period built in that extends coverage to a new vehicle while you're transferring registration, etc.

When I was contacted by the delivery team, I tried calling them back with questions and had the same experience you did...no answer and mailbox full. When I physically went to the delivery center, I understood why...had at least 12 deliveries stacked up...with an angry mob!

Since I couldn't contact them by phone, I called the sales rep I had worked with and he got thru to someone there, found out I could come get my car, then called me back to let me know. Thanks Caleb Suwak! (I hope that's not a breach of protocol...new to this forum!) :)

An extra tough time for this to happen to Tesla, when they're racing to the end of a record quarter!

Enjoy your new car. I love mine so far!

Looking for any similar experiences and any advice as I struggle through my pick-up/ delivery experience.

I order my new Model X about a month ago. Finally started getting text messages about upcoming delivery, etc. While my pickup was finally scheduled for Tuesday 9/29, I have yet to have anybody call or reach out other than automated texts. I then received a text that my MX was early and arrived at the Serramonte location today. Since I've been living in NYC for the last couple years, I am getting a new insurance plan and it isn't bounded yet since I didnt have a VIN until today. I've been trying to get in contact with any and everybody and Tesla but nobody is picking up at number the gave me and the mailbox is full. So few questions:

-Anybody else having trouble getting in contact with somebody at the Serramonte delivery center to either confirm to reschedule their delivery pick-up?
-I currently have a "temporary insurance ID", but the policy isn't bounded bc I didnt have a VIN yet. Is this sufficient for pick-up?
-Am I expected to just wait until somebody hopefully calls me back?

Very much looking forward to my pick-up, but man has this process been painful.

This is my third Tesla to pick up at the Fremont center and my worst experience. Received the text that I had an appointment but couldn't make that day(9/30). I texted and called, to reschedule but was then told my model X wasn't ready for pick up, someone would get back to me. Then got a message to see if I was going to pick up my car. Called them back and again said it wasn't ready for pick up yet, still in production. But this time I was told it was going to be delivered to my house tonight. Got home, no car. and now got a message "hey are you going to pick up your car? we will be open until midnight since its the end of the quarter". Called back the next day and now they said I don't have a car at all. it was released yesterday at 3:30! No one responds to the text or messages. Very frustrating, now I guess I wait for another text. They say it should be better since it's not the end of the quarter.
now after reading other posts looks like you really need to examine the car thoroughly for problems. Tesla is a great car hopefully they are not going downhill and cutting corners