Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area - pricing

BayAreaCelt

Oct 15, 2019
Bay Area
Hello folks, new M3P owner - looking to do upgrades on the car over time, and looking to take it to the track.

First question I have though is - what is a good price for an all over PPF like xpel, and what is the price in the Bay Area for an overall wrap, like say a colour change wrap like 3m 1080?

I got quoted 3500 from one place for satin or matte, and 4300 or 4500 for more expensive flip wrap.
From another place, 2k for just the front for a PPF like Xpel matte.

Yegods.... thats, not overly cheap... I know the BayArea tax is a thing but... recommendations for anywhere in the Bay Area and pricing welcomed please!

Cheers all.

PS, Brakes and suspension are 5hit on this thing, like, really poor - doesnt match the stunning acceleration at all.

TrooperCA

Sep 20, 2019
Los Angeles
I paid $2,100 for Full Front + Rockers in SoCal for reference.
Llumar PPF with 10 year warranty.

What you're experiencing is the weight of the vehicle. Everything is kind of bogged down. If you're looking for better cornering feel, lower the regen braking and you're driving experience becomes more natural.

You can always switch over to coils...depends how much you want to invest in this car.

hocr

Aug 12, 2019
California
Hello folks, new M3P owner - looking to do upgrades on the car over time, and looking to take it to the track.

First question I have though is - what is a good price for an all over PPF like xpel, and what is the price in the Bay Area for an overall wrap, like say a colour change wrap like 3m 1080?

I got quoted 3500 from one place for satin or matte, and 4300 or 4500 for more expensive flip wrap.
From another place, 2k for just the front for a PPF like Xpel matte.

Yegods.... thats, not overly cheap... I know the BayArea tax is a thing but... recommendations for anywhere in the Bay Area and pricing welcomed please!

Cheers all.

PS, Brakes and suspension are 5hit on this thing, like, really poor - doesnt match the stunning acceleration at all.

Give 68 Auto or mum sports a call

BayAreaCelt

Oct 15, 2019
Bay Area
TrooperCA, I was coming from a Jag F Type R with the ceramic brakes and big light wheel pack - about the same weight (if not more so) but the price was obviously like double - but the brakes and suspension seemed matched / correlated to the output of the v8 supercharged Jag lovely engine thing - tracked it so I got a good idea of that. I am looking at upgrades, its not a commuter only car, its driven for pleasure also.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC