TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bay Area Rim Repair

Discussion in 'California' started by Model C, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Model C

Model C Member

There's a great guy in the Bay Area as well. Referred to my Tesla Approved Body Shop in San Francisco by the local Service Center as the only guy in the Bay Area that can match the colors on Tesla wheels. No other reman rim companies will touch them. Keep in mind Tesla only recommends refinishing of the rims. For any damage to the rims in excess of simple refinishing, Tesla recommends replacement. Safety first.

2. professionalr

professionalr Member

..so whats the name of the shop or guy your're referring to?

3. tengk

tengk Member

I'm interested in how the service works? I live near the Tesla Burlingame location but just scraped by 21" Grey Turbine left rear rim this week. Since there is no spare tire, how would the repair be done? Do you need to leave your car for the day or wait while they repair it since they would need to match the paint as well? Thanks.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I had two wheels refurbished (curb rash removed) when my S was in for its first annual service a few months ago. It was done while the car was at the Burlingame Service Center, which was overnight. Tesla sent the wheels out to a third party, whose name I do not know. They did a perfect job.

5. Ramon70D

Ramon70D Member

How much did they charge for both wheels? 21's I assume?

6. lloyds

lloyds Member

I had this done through Tesla and it costed me $500 for two wheels.

7. kp.sfo

kp.sfo Member

Still waiting for the name, @ModelC... :rolleyes: