Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area service center recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi TMC members,
Finally took delivery from Fremont few days ago after paying Tesla in full for more than two months, car have some paint and interior issues noted during delivery and would like to get them fixed ASAP. I’m in Bay Area and can go to one of the three SCs (Fremont, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale). Looking for suggestions here from ppl who had experience with these locations, which one has a higher quality of service overall?

Had a fresh scratch during delivery probably just from moving the car over from the staging slot, I would like to get it replaced entirely from factory and not just repaint. Was told by DA that it’s possible but have to bring that up at the SC. Anyone has experience on swapping the bumper?

C405C32C-EAA8-41F2-8F64-CE4EE5ED9501.jpeg
D605B7C9-0531-4AAD-B6F0-2862B3036D6D.jpeg

Honestly, they are all pretty bad at this point due to the number of cars they are trying to service. Of the ones I've been to, Sunnyvale seemed the friendliest. I always just schedule mobile service when I can.

By bad do you mean their friendliness or the quality for issue repair? The least thing I want if for them to do more damage to the car..

They all just take your car to some other body shop. Sunnyvale takes it to Chilton autobody, which seemed to do a good job realigning a door for me last year on an X. Had a friend who took their 3 to Fremont and the car came back worse, so I think it will be a toss up honestly wherever you go. Maybe see if you can take it to the new Tesla body shop in San Jose?

Sunnyvale is quite friendly and go out of their way to be helpful, but the folks I've been dealing with have been largely incompetent. I'll spare you the details for now, but suffice it to say they turned what should have been a relatively minor fix into a huge issue that's been ongoing for over a month. Now they expect me to foot the couple thousand dollar bill for issues they created because they claim that I didn't speak up when I should have. Keep in mind this is just a single data point, so you might get folks that are great. I, unfortunately, did not.

And I know you didn't ask about Palo Alto, but just in case you were considering going there, I also had a pretty bad experience there as well. I definitely would not recommend them.

Who knows. Maybe I'm just bad luck.

Another single data point when it comes to the different centers (I've only been to one of them), so YMMV...

I went to the Santa Clara Service Center twice last week. Both were essentially walk-up visits. First time was to fix my constant TPMS icon, the second was to repair a puncture in my left rear tire. TPMS reset was free; the tire patch was $40. Staff there were friendly and accommodating. There were dozens of cars in the parking lot and I think most of the service bays were occupied but they took me in right away, got the work done and I was out the door in about half an hour.

Granted, both service items were fairly simple and inexpensive so that might not translate if you're talking about a broken window or failed drive unit.

This looks like a small and superficial scratch. Is this the only damage on the bumper? Not sure why you want the whole thing replaced. The body shop may have to paint the new bumper as well and perhaps match the color (which means sanding and repainting parts of the adjacent panels on the car). IMO there is a high chance that the outcome will be worse than if you just have them fix the little scratch.

It's relatively small but still visible from 10ft away, I'm doing PPF so the surface needs to be flat. Looking for options here, mostly requesting for entire bumper replacement from a factory painted unit and definitely avoid repaint like a plague haha

I had a flat on Friday, Feb. 15. Tesla sent someone out to swap, and told me to go to Santa Clara center to reclaim my tire. I was not given any paperwork by the driver.
I went in on the following Wednesday (Monday being a holiday). The tire had not been delivered to Tesla, and they are still looking for it a week later.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Also, were you required to sign a loaner agreement (came in my email)?