Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Tesla Meet: San Jose 7/27/19 8am

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The link doesn't work...gives this error..."The Google Maps Embed API must be used in an iframe." Here's a link provided earlier in another thread: Google Maps

BTW This is at the Cottle Road Target in San Jose if you aren't familiar with it ( 5630 Cottle Rd). The Nav system should have no problem getting you there. There's a Starbucks in the Target that opens at 8am. There's also another Starbucks (free standing building--opens at 5am on Saturdays) in that same shopping center near the Applebee's, along with a Panera Bread (that opens at 6am on Saturdays) which is right across from that free standing Starbucks.

Look forward to seeing a parking lot of Teslas!

Last edited:
Anyone get any good pictures from this? What was the turnout like?
Didn't even occur to me to take a photo until near the end, when a lot of folks had already left. I think @M3GATR0N might have taken some, but not certain.

Good outing and turnout... we had around 15 vehicles at the peak. Really enjoyed meeting everyone, hearing about EV ownership experiences, and seeing how people have customized their car in some way. Mostly Model S owners were represented, with even a Signature Red 2012 car making an appearance, peeking out behind the crowd in the terrible photo below. There were a handful of Model 3s, and a solitary white Model X, whose owner drove it all the way across country from South Carolina in 2 days with no sleep (clarification: not for this event, though!)

meetup-20190727-1.jpg

meetup-20190727-2.jpg

Reactions: bmah
No photos but was a nice turnout and day to meet, and an enjoyable way to meet fellow owners in person, most from TMC but not all. Definitely would like to see this as a regular event. Thanks @M3GATR0N for starting this. I think next one will be scheduled further up the peninsula for our more northern owners and sounded like something might be in the works already so hopefully people will stay tuned for updates.

People started arriving around 8 near where the future SCs will go in and I think it broke up around 10. We had a nice representation of Teslas of different years. Have to say I really love the signature red after seeing it in person. I don’t think we had any blue or MCRed models make an appearance so missed you guys. Thanks everyone for attending and sharing an hour or so of your time. Hope to see you guys again at another meet up.

Reactions: thecloud
If at all possible a little more warning for such events, for those of us who don't have a chance to check the blog daily...would love to have come...hope we have more in future!

Just came back from a brief trip to Pennsylvania, sadly didn't see any Teslas anywhere as we were driving around near 80/81 Scranton area. :(