Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area Tesla Meet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To respond to the locations in the San Jose/Peninsula area that were made I could see occasionally meeting at the Krispy Cream in Mt. View (it's right off 101).

El Passo de Saratoga is another good suggestion with Peet's Coffee there. (85 and 280)

Cottle Road in San Jose has some possibilities. On the side of Cottle with the empty Orchard Supply (lots of parking now) there's a few places to grab a coffee and hang out in the parking lot or later grab breakfast (Bill's Cafe is a favorite of mine). In that same shopping center with Orchard is Gabi's Petite Cafe (next to Pizza Hut) which has numerous coffee drinks and sweet and savory crepes and other pastries.

Across the street on the other side of Cottle from Orchard Supply is the Target shopping center (future site for more Superchargers) and both Starbucks and Panera Bread are right there next to each other.
View attachment 429611 Cottle Road area (convenient to 101 and 85)

Almaden Expressway at the Cherry Avenue Superchargers, another South Bay possibility. There's a Starbucks and Panera Bread there as well and people could charge right there if needed. (85 and 87)

If people are willing to drive a bit further south of San Jose for a different experience among nice scenery as opposed to a shopping center parking lot, maybe meet at the Coyote Creek Golf Club (they have 4 destination HPWC 12kWs there--golf course open to the public) for coffee and/or breakfast in their bar and grill, which overlooks the golf course and mountains (restaurant and patio seating). Parking lot would be large enough to accommodate unless some large golf outing was happening that day. I see a lot of Teslas in the Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy area and this could be a midway point for those further south who would like to attend and share in this type of event. (101 between San Jose and Gilroy/85 connector nearby)

And closer north for a similar get together experience possibly would be the Santa Teresa Golf Club (public course) with Bar and Grill also serving breakfast. I'm not familiar with this location however as to their parking situation. No destination chargers listed on Tesla's map here. (85/101 on Bernal)
View attachment 429616 Golf course options

I'd be so down for the meet to be at Cottle Rd in San Jose! Cmon guys
LETS DO THIS!

We would do Cottle, we're coming south of San Jose so reasonable for us. When my husband saw the suggestion for the factory he said I thought this was suppose to be quick and local. Mt. View/Krispy Cream would also be a bit longer for us but sometimes we have to be up near Sunnyvale so it would possibly still be a consideration for us. I’m sure others further up the peninsula would be fine with that as a location.

So 1st & 3rd weeks of the month or 2nd & 4th or once a month? I personally like the option of having something twice a month in case you can't make one you have another date that month to attend. Either choice would be fine but think we should standardize on one of them so people always know that something is planned (just location dependent?).

@M3GATR0N, why don't you set the schedule and we'll plan on the first coffee meet to be on Cottle. Still need to decide which location on Cottle though (Orchard Supply side or Panera/Starbucks side). Once decided we can get the word out. Look forward to doing this.

Last edited:
There's a Starbucks in that Target that opens at 8am. If you want the group to have more visibility, might consider the standalone Starbucks closer to Panera if you think we would have enough parking there.

As for timing I think people might find it easier to meet on a weekend morning than after work, especially if they tend to work late and/or have families to have dinner with, young kids to get ready for bed, etc. Roads less crowded too depending on direction of where you are coming from.

Here's a link to the shopping center there. A marked up map to indicate where people should congregate would be helpful to post.

Last edited:
Well, if it's 5 mins from my house, I guess I have to attend! But it's far for most BA folks.

On backside of Target/Partycity, there's plenty of parking. It's walking distance to the busy Starbucks corner too (or get coffee from Tàrget's Starbucks). See Pin location below.

San Jose, California
Google Maps

*Being close to 101/South SJ, this makes a ideal location for a Urban Charging station too ;)

The Cottle location looks to be equally close to both 101 and 85, and there's coffee, so it's perfect. :) Weekend mornings are (usually) good for me; it's harder to get down there on a weeknight, due to work schedule and traffic.

Well, if it's 5 mins from my house, I guess I have to attend! But it's far for most BA folks.

On backside of Target/Partycity, there's plenty of parking. It's walking distance to the busy Starbucks corner too (or get coffee from Tàrget's Starbucks). See Pin location below.

San Jose, California
Google Maps

*Being close to 101/South SJ, this makes a ideal location for a Urban Charging station too ;)

YEP this is the location I was referring to.
Is in the same lot as the starbucks but jut at the opposite end.
I think we can shoot for next Saturday morning 7/27/19 at 8am

Well, can't make this one. But it is great to see "cars & coffee" type gatherings that don't take an entire day. Perhaps in the future we can look at Coffee shops near SuperChargers. Celebrate some of the new SuCs in the pipeline such as Emeryville, Richmond, Novato or any others.