TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Bay Area TMC forum meet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by doug, Jul 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

We asked and got a sort of "Oh really? I don't know about that" sortof answer. I don't think we have a definitive answer about it, but the response we got suggests it might not be true.

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Funny.

The first unlabled group picture had me guessing who is who. We know TEG of course from his famous ride and graham must be the guy touching the unamed wife.

Next I looked for the flabby guy. He must be HUGE or super skinny, right? No one fit the bill.

I know that Doug is from Stanford so he would be a younger so that left out the guy with some gray on his head.

'Bout there I gave up.

Sorry I could not make it but I swung by the LA store in solidarity.

Is there a shot of Jeremy?

3. graham

graham Active Member

Jeremy was not familiar with that rumor, and seemed to think it was probably inaccurate.

Hee... not me! I do not do anything nearly so exotic! Although my wife pictured in front of me previously wrote satellite tracking software for Teledesic before she switched careers to become an M.D.

4. flabby

flabby Member

So what, are you saying I'm fat:mad:. LOL. Nope, I'm just an average guy, average height, and slightly above average weight.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I think things went pretty well and it was good to meet everyone. Turns out we're a pretty cool bunch. Thanks to graham's wife for providing some gender balance. Anyone know who that bearded dude was who tagged along on our tour? I meant to ask him, but then he disappeared.

6. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, I was wondering about him as well. He looked familiar to me, but I could not place him. He left around the same time that a lot of us did when Jeremy went back inside after VP16 left.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I was expecting a pencil thin tall guy or someone who is HUGE I mean, can't get out of bed without a forklift big. Was upset that you are just my size.

Or smaller:frown:

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#88 TEG, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    He seemed very interested in the cars. I think he was probably a potential customer latching onto the tour of the shop.

9. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Ask her if she knew a guy working there named Rich Bloch. He's a very good friend of mine.

10. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Or Paul Thompson, who was working for them out of the UK too.

11. doug

I figured he was just a curious kid, doing exactly what I would have done. I was just wondering if he was a lurker here on the forum or not.

12. graham

graham Active Member

Finkenbusch!

13. doug

The folks over at the Menlo Park store have a Great America cap that they think might belong to someone in our group. I don't particularly remember anyone wearing a cap on our visit (besides me), but thought I'd go ahead and ask.

14. graham

graham Active Member

wasn't me...

15. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Not me either, although leaving something behind is sometimes a good ploy to get invited back! :wink:

Hmm, maybe I left a couple of Tesla hats and a keychain over there... Yeah, right!