Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area to SoCal in a Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

There is a motor trend article that chronicles a test of a model s raven making it to SoCal on with no charging stops. They actually go from the Fremont factory to space x in Hawthorne which is about 360 miles, in a forecasted headwind and make it there with 40 miles to spare. There some vague details on how much time was spent in the slow lane with the trucks and the fast lane where most are doing 85 plus.

Does any one have any real world experience on this route with a raven S or X? This is a frequent route for me in my 2016 s and I’m looking to get down one 15-30 max charging stop. Can this be actually done with out sitting behind trucks going 60 mph the whole time?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...2019/exclusive-2019-tesla-model-s-review/amp/

Never mind a long range Raven, I’ve done this in my 75D charger to 90%, with one stop at Harris Ranch, keeping with the left lane traffic on the 5, in winter.

If you’re driving a family, then in my experience the cars range is never going to be the issue - their need for stops will happen sooner .

Agree. One stop to LA is not a problem in my 2016 75. Granted I need to charge a little longer than 15 minutes, but 30-40 at Bakersfield or Tejon Ranch is generally more than enough to get me to anywhere other than the farthest Southern reaches of Orange County.

Reactions: bmah
I did Palo Alto to Redlands with one stop(almost 40 minute stop) in Buttonwillow in my 2014 P85. I did have to stick right at the speed limit for the last 48 miles to make sure I got there. Ended up pulling in to the supercharger with 7% left. Pretty much the same thing on the way from Buttonwillow to Redlands because of the grapevine.

Reactions: hbutler97