Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay Area wrap recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im looking not for PPF examples, but prices from places that do colour change wraps - theres many, many places in the Bay Area that charge thousand$ for PPF like Xpel, Invisiguard and other plastic paint film. I may as well just pay for the chip and dent repair when it occurs at that price - is my opinion on that. So, looking for colour wrap recommendations, prices - I dont get why people are so afraid of mentioning cold hard $ figures on websites these days... Its a pain in the ass and a major turn off for customers.

Go see Joe at OC Detailing (www.bayareadetails). I have known him since 2013 when he was a 1 man shop in Orinda. He is now in his own shop in Fremont. Indeed as per greggsf, Joe is not the cheapest, but he has the most experience detailing, wrapping, and protecting Teslas than anyone else in NoCA. He can do any wrap, any color, chrome delete, wrap/powder coat wheels, window tint, etc, etc. You can try to find a shop that will bid a job down to a price, but with Joe you will be assured of unparalleled quality and attention to detail. And BTW he does book up pretty far in advance. YMMV.

Reactions: BayAreaCelt
Im looking not for PPF examples, but prices from places that do colour change wraps - theres many, many places in the Bay Area that charge thousand$ for PPF like Xpel, Invisiguard and other plastic paint film. I may as well just pay for the chip and dent repair when it occurs at that price - is my opinion on that. So, looking for colour wrap recommendations, prices - I dont get why people are so afraid of mentioning cold hard $ figures on websites these days... Its a pain in the ass and a major turn off for customers.
They don't want to pay their web dude when the prices have to change.

Go see Joe at OC Detailing (www.bayareadetails). I have known him since 2013 when he was a 1 man shop in Orinda. He is now in his own shop in Fremont. Indeed as per greggsf, Joe is not the cheapest, but he has the most experience detailing, wrapping, and protecting Teslas than anyone else in NoCA. He can do any wrap, any color, chrome delete, wrap/powder coat wheels, window tint, etc, etc. You can try to find a shop that will bid a job down to a price, but with Joe you will be assured of unparalleled quality and attention to detail. And BTW he does book up pretty far in advance. YMMV.

When you say Joe is not the cheapest, so far I have found, he is the most expensive - by about 50%. I mean, biblically, unexplainably expensive. I am sure its OCD levels of detail, great, but... I am not that anal and most people would not notice a job from a reasonable shop at 50% less I think... I will pass. Thanks for the benchmark, this is exactly what is good about having a post and forum like this - this may be a good fit for someone. Not for me in this use-case. If I had a Koenigsegg or Pininfarina or a Rimac, then maybe. This is some Veyron level *sugar* pricing. Not for a lowly 54k car really in my opinion. Its only 54k. To some this will be their pride and joy - for me, uhhhh its turning into a track slag, so I dont need that level of detail.

So what price did he quote you? I live on the east coast but had asked for some prices on Reddit from others that had gotten wrapped. I got quotes for all around the same price as what they said out there. I went w/ the $2800 for the wrap and $500 for the chrome delete. I think I actually paid a bit more because 1 of them said it was $3k for both in SoCal. I think Ben at Captial Tint did an awesome job and he had amazing attention to detail.

Attachments

• JanetWinterCoat.JPG
    JanetWinterCoat.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 191
  • pumpkin.JPG
    pumpkin.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: markusg
When you say Joe is not the cheapest, so far I have found, he is the most expensive - by about 50%. I mean, biblically, unexplainably expensive. I am sure its OCD levels of detail, great, but... I am not that anal and most people would not notice a job from a reasonable shop at 50% less I think... I will pass. Thanks for the benchmark, this is exactly what is good about having a post and forum like this - this may be a good fit for someone. Not for me in this use-case. If I had a Koenigsegg or Pininfarina or a Rimac, then maybe. This is some Veyron level *sugar* pricing. Not for a lowly 54k car really in my opinion. Its only 54k. To some this will be their pride and joy - for me, uhhhh its turning into a track slag, so I dont need that level of detail.

Free market economy—a wonderful tool. Vote with your wallet. It’s your nickel...

Looking for recommendations and prices for Bay Area wraps - thinking not just the PPF but color change.
Hey, Obviously I am being a bit biased here but we've gota pretty good team here at Mum Sports that's done over 100's of Porsche cars for the years. We would be happy to take care of you. just give us a call 510 - 462 - 3797 . and mention "Tesla Motors Club FORUM" and we'll give you a 10% discount overall. We have exceptional quality technicians who are meticulous in the work they do and we are also a certified and authorized XPEL PPF Dealer. We have pretty good reviews from our clients as well to give you a sense of the quality of work we do. We'd love to gain you as a customer.