Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bay to Yosemite park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet. Next month I am driving from my home in San Mateo to near Oakhurst. I will charge there overnight on a 220V and then make day trips from there to Yosemite for two days in a row.

I wish the Manteca area Supercharger construction would get going but so far we know nothing about when or where it will be located.

Good morning,
Full disclosure - I was the Marketing Manager in Yosemite for 4 years and am now the Marketing Director for the Evergreen Lodge. This is not a commercial response, just providing helpful information based on my Yosemite experience. I have often seen cars recharging at a station in the middle of the parking lot of the Yosemite Village Store, across from the Yosemite Village Garage and fire station. This is located in the heart of Yosemite Valley. It can be difficult to see at times with buses and delivery trucks occasionally blocking access. If you have trouble locating it you should be able to pop in to the Garage and ask someone to point it out for you. Richard at the Garage is a very nice and helpful guy - tell him Teri Marshall says hello!

Teri, thanks for your post. My wife and I have stayed at Evergreen Lodge twice, for those who don't know it is very close to the Yosemite park entrance on Hwy 120. Does Evergreen offer any 220 - 240 volt outlets for EV charging, and if not are there any plans to do so? Thanks!

Plugshare shows there is a J1772 Clipper Creek charger at the Yosemite General Store. But with only a single charger it's pretty risky to drive to Yosemite Valley and depend on that charger to be available and working properly!

Last edited:
Good morning,
Full disclosure - I was the Marketing Manager in Yosemite for 4 years and am now the Marketing Director for the Evergreen Lodge. This is not a commercial response, just providing helpful information based on my Yosemite experience. I have often seen cars recharging at a station in the middle of the parking lot of the Yosemite Village Store, across from the Yosemite Village Garage and fire station. This is located in the heart of Yosemite Valley. It can be difficult to see at times with buses and delivery trucks occasionally blocking access. If you have trouble locating it you should be able to pop in to the Garage and ask someone to point it out for you. Richard at the Garage is a very nice and helpful guy - tell him Teri Marshall says hello!

Thank you Teri. We have been searching for this information since the weather is getting better and we would like to make a trip to Yosemite.

Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite which is located just 2 miles from the park entrance on Highway 41 has a charging station as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Full disclosure - I am the eCommerce Manager at Tenaya Lodge. This is not a commercial response, just providing helpful information.

Thank you Lori. I have also stayed at your establishment, it's very nice, and I appreciate that you offer EV charging. Do you know the volt/amp rating and plug type?

Plugshare describes it as "EV plug (J1772)". Is that correct? Ones person posted on Plugshare "For use by registered guests...if not registered they will let you charge for $25."

You have to go to the desk on the lobby and ask them to turn it on.

Photos posted on Plugshare show a charging station with two cables coming out of a box that says "Schneider Electric".

Last edited:
Thank you Lori. I have also stayed at your establishment, it's very nice, and I appreciate that you offer EV charging. Do you know the volt/amp rating and plug type?

Plugshare describes it as "EV plug (J1772)". Is that correct? Ones person posted on Plugshare "For use by registered guests...if not registered they will let you charge for $25."

Photos posted on Plugshare show a charging station with two cables coming out of a box that says "Schneider Electric".

Great if they let you charge even if you're not staying at the hotel, but if the price is really $25, that is a deterrent if you really are just stopping to get something to eat and maybe pick up 15-20 rated miles.

Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite which is located just 2 miles from the park entrance on Highway 41 has a charging station as well.

Full disclosure - I am the eCommerce Manager at Tenaya Lodge. This is not a commercial response, just providing helpful information.

We've stayed there, loved it. So glad you've got a charging station, we'll have to visit after our Tesla arrives mid December!

I think Yosemite, Death Valley, and I395 are the places I really want to drive along quietly yet performant in the P85D.

21 months after my post, I'm now staying at Tenaya Lodge for 3 nights. Charged last night. Could only pull 30A from the charger (not a Tesla HPWC) for a rate of around 18mph. I asked the guy who turned it on for me how many amps it was rated at and he didn't know. But it is working fine. An employee told me that he had heard that they were going to add several more chargers in adjacent parking spaces next to the current charger, but he did not know what type. I should find the manager here before I leave and see if I can learn any more details and if they are aware of Tesla's Destination Charging program.