TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BBC Adjustable Rear Links

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Naonak, Aug 13, 2017 at 9:02 PM.

1. Naonak

Naonak Member

I bought some BBC adjustable rear links for my wifes 2012 P85 to tune out some of the wicked negative camber. Does anyone have a write up on the best way to go about swapping the stock ones out?

I've never replaced these things on any car before, so I want to know any gotchas. I have a lift, so access shouldn't be a problem.

2. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

There are no gotachas. Very straight forward. Just make sure you install the adjustable side of the BBC links in the right direction (meaning when they adjust the camber, it doesn't pull on the height sensor) and torque to the original manufacturer specs.

• Like x 1
  3. hh714

hh714 New Member

Where did you buy the BBC adjustable rear link at???

4. Naonak

Naonak Member

From BBC speed and machine.

BBC Speed & Machine

You'll have to give them a call. They are super friendly and very helpful. I think the price has gone up a bit, it was $1236 shipped for a set. But that will pay for itself in one tire change presumably, so the cost is a little easier to swallow if you are chewing through tires in 6 - 10k miles like my 2012 does with it's -2 negative rear camber.

I got these installed last night. Was pretty easy to install. 1st one took a bit of time, but 2nd one was about a 15 minute job. The car did fall off the jack though; luckily I had put both tires back on about 30 seconds before one of the scissor jacks failed, so no damage done, otherwise it would have been a major catastrophy if I had 1 wheel off... the car would have fallen clean off the lift and probably right on my Lotus and possibly myself, shite!

Note to self, next time, no scissor jacks. I have a Bendpak RJ-45 on order, now.