Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBC Fake News - Tesla ordered to recall more than a million US cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is factually correct but also deliberately misleading. The BBC know what they are doing. A headline about how a software update is required generates far less clicks one one where a million cars need to be "recalled".
I'm with you on this and I must admit I'm getting a little bored of it now.

I'm an avid YouTube viewer but just lately there seems to be more and more clickbait headlines. I fully understand from the YouTuber's business perspective but still.

Latest bad example was Andy Slye and his "It's died!" headline for his Tesla battery. Turns out it was his 12v after 108k:mad:. He clearly admits this at the start to give him his due but I didn't need to watch, although I did...

I'm with you on this and I must admit I'm getting a little bored of it now.

I'm an avid YouTube viewer but just lately there seems to be more and more clickbait headlines. I fully understand from the YouTuber's business perspective but still.

Latest bad example was Andy Slye and his "It's died!" headline for his Tesla battery. Turns out it was his 12v after 108k:mad:. He clearly admits this at the start to give him his due but I didn't need to watch, although I did...
That is awful 😂. I think I have seen his videos and he is super clickbaity.

But yeah it is a part of life in general now. A sensational or controversial headline/post/tweet/tiktok will garner you far more attention than expressing an everyday opinion will. It is why so many people act the fool online, because it gives them the attention they crave. The best ting we can do (although non one does is!) is ignore them.

Reactions: Nujec
Sadly this is a typical marketing tactic that most people respond to by giving him clicks,

I actively avoid any channels that are deliberately trying use clickbait titles and secondly any channel that is speaking to the audience like a kid.

Reactions: CyberGus
I learnt something new. A recall can be a software update. Still believe that the majority of people reading that headline will think that a million Tesla's will have to visit a service centre to have the problem fixed.
I read it as a million Teslas have a potentially serious issue that Tesla haven’t already sorted and need to fix.

Playing devils advocate, the flip side of ‘it’s only an OTA software fix’ is it should never have got to the stage where it’s been classified as a recall by the regulators.

Depends if your glass is half full or half empty

They’re not technically wrong, but as others have mentioned it’s all about the clicks. The press no longer deal in news, it’s just whatever gets someone to click on that link. Any other brand wouldn’t get anywhere near this attention. It’s bizarre how little attention Toyota got for their recent EV where the wheels would literally come off. Bearing in mind it’s an EV, I’m surprised it wasn’t all over the news. But Tesla has a software issue with the back windows and everyone loses their minds.

But Tesla earns clicks, so the press will go with it. That is the state of the media, in this day and age.

Reactions: pharwood
Lads, you don’t need to go on any further. You’ve admitted the article was correct, there’s no bias or conspiracy theory except in your imaginations. Next you’ll be chatting about “alternative facts”:
You clearly understood what the topic is all about here, didn't you? If not, I don't understand what you're trying to prove.

Calling an OTA update a "recall", even if it is mandatory, is a total nonsense, period.
The NHTSA is probably too lazy to come up with a new terminology... and meanwhile, this is bread and butter for "journalists" who can easily take
advantage of this nonsense to earn clicks without being worried of propagating fake news because well, this is factually a "recall"right?

It is factually correct but also deliberately misleading. The BBC know what they are doing. A headline about how a software update is required generates far less clicks one one where a million cars need to be "recalled".
Exactly. But BBC is not alone, they all wrote the same misleading story. My news feed was flooded with plenty of clickbait titles yesterday.

Reactions: pharwood
If it was a Porsche Taycan (up until recently) even a S/W update required a visit to the S/C, so calling it a recall seems apt, less we forget most oems are only now allowing OTA updates - so from a Government safety board point a view the term 'recall' is valid in my opinion. Just because Tesla have always had this ability to perform OTA doesn't mean they are a special case

You clearly understood what the topic is all about here, didn't you? If not, I don't understand what you're trying to prove.

Calling an OTA update a "recall", even if it is mandatory, is a total nonsense, period.
Isn't the headline saying Tesla are being made to fix something they should and could have done already?

I'm happy I don't need to visit a service centre, but the fact it got serious enough to be mandated just means I have to question Tesla's sense of priorities, and why they preferred to give me Sonic the Hedgehog and not nip the issue in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.