TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BBS CHR 19” satin black - anyone have these?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 2cati, Mar 31, 2018.

1. 2cati

2cati Member

Anyone have pictures of 19x8 BBS CHR wheels on a model S?

I’ve not found any with satin black wheels.

Look forward to the replies!

2. 2cati

2cati Member

ADC83059-B374-4884-BAFC-98A5E0FFD300.jpeg Well I ordered a set of satin black 19x8.5” et32 that are on the way here from Germany.

So these are only .5” wider than the OEM 19” wheels however the outer lip will extend 14mm.

I also found this info showing the different profiles based on width.

Sadly the 8.5” have tge flattest profile.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. 2cati

2cati Member

A22DC08B-E753-4845-A22F-B74108A9BF6A.jpeg B7C6E351-F80C-43C6-87F4-8962131BC1F2.jpeg Finally got my wheels installed. Black lug covers to follow.

• Like x 2
  4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Beautiful rims !!

5. 2cati

2cati Member

C356FA9E-DB71-450B-A064-F0BDAC5A7E8A.jpeg Wheels are about 5lbs lighter than slipstreams although being 1/2” wider.

I was going to remove the stainless curb ring but the look is growing on me.

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Unplugged performance has some BBS 21s specifically made for Tesla that I always liked ..I had BBS prev on a BMW ..hands down great rims ...beautiful car !

7. 2cati

2cati Member

Thank you.

I struggled with giving up my new 21” Arachnids as there was a 13% hit in range for my 75D.

The 21” BBS CHR are stunning but you will give up some range and ride quality.

Sure the 19” don’t look as nice but I couldn’t be happier with the 19” ride comfort and range efficiency.

• Like x 1
  8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Agree on the 21s and range ..the 19s look stunning On your car the chrome lip is nice accent to the S chrome trim

9. dane a

dane a Member

This goes out to 2cati, when I bought my S, in the very end, I went for range and ended up with a 15 85D,
    I had budgeted for a P85D, but settled in the end. The range is what I was truly after within my budget.
    I love the car and the plan is to never let it go. Best wishes to all.....

• Like x 1
  10. 2cati

2cati Member

Congratulations on your Tesla!

11. dane a

dane a Member

Thanks, I'm presently on the hunt for the ugly flat dish 19 inch 2013 Aero wheels ( winter wheel pkg.).
    Like I said, I'm after the max range, maybe I need to check out hyper milling threads. Thanks again.

12. 2cati

2cati Member

Too funny! I remember researching getting a set of those Tesla Aero wheels - they are around but not cheap - I was going to get a set and just have them powered coated gloss black....my sales person told me the stores couldn't sell them and were giving them away with winter tires.....he referred to them as "gladiator " wheels....like the shield gladiators woukd use ;-)