Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC and Federal incentive for 3 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the federal and provincial credit for BC being $8000 off the SR+ I'm wondering if people are still ordering the long range model. With the credit it looks like it's $22,000 more to add a few more kms, get a premium stereo and internet/map upgrades. The LR is my preference for that little extra range, but the difference is almost the cost of another car.

Whats everyone else been doing?

I would like to have ordered the LR RWD. I regularly drive 400+ km in a day. But the cost differential was just to much.

The combined federal and provincial incentives applying to the SR+ But not the LR made buying the SR+ a no brainer decision for me, despite the inconvenience of having to charge more frequently than I would like.

Reactions: Boneman
Fyi the LR RWD charges faster (at Superchargers) and accelerates a little faster as well.

Most people are perfectly fine with the SR+. If the range works for you, go for it.

But is it $22k worth it? That much money can buy you a lof things for your M3. PPF, wall charger, mats, winter tires, etc, etc.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting for a VIN# for SR+ but debating if I should just say fk it and splurge on LR AWD and lose the federal incentive.

But is it $22k worth it? That much money can buy you a lof things for your M3. PPF, wall charger, mats, winter tires, etc, etc.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting for a VIN# for SR+ but debating if I should just say fk it and splurge on LR AWD and lose the federal incentive.

If you have the funds, get the longer range model as range is king and you charge fewer times on longer trips and worry less in the winter when range can drop dramatically to heat the battery and cabin.

If you have the funds, get the longer range model as range is king and you charge fewer times on longer trips and worry less in the winter when range can drop dramatically to heat the battery and cabin.

+1, especially true for many condo dwellers who can't charge at home. The LR battery also helped give me peace of mind when I had to leave my car unplugged during an extended vacation.