Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BC CEV incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't get a call for your vehicle in next few weeks then most likely you will not get the funds. I just got the car that my vehicle is in transit from a rep in Toronto and I asked if he has reserved the funds. He said that they don't reserve the funds until 1-2 days before delivery of the vehicle. So even if you get the call in Mid September that your car is ready but don't take delivery until Mid-October then you are most likely out of luck cause they won't reserve the funds.

I was told that the Tesla store on 4th has been doing about 4 deliveries per day (for all models of Tesla cars) and the expectation in September is about 30 per day. They will also be moving their deliveries to the Powel street location due to the amount of cars going out the door. As i've said before, there will be a push on deliveries in September and the discount will most likely be gone by October.

I was told that the Tesla store on 4th has been doing about 4 deliveries per day (for all models of Tesla cars) and the expectation in September is about 30 per day. They will also be moving their deliveries to the Powel street location due to the amount of cars going out the door. As i've said before, there will be a push on deliveries in September and the discount will most likely be gone by October.

I’ve got an AWD order with white seats with a Sept to Nov delivery window. So are you saying that there is a chance my car will get delivered this September and I can get the $5000 incentive?

Based on current rate, how many cars you think will get the rebate
If you don't get a call for your vehicle in next few weeks then most likely you will not get the funds. I just got the car that my vehicle is in transit from a rep in Toronto and I asked if he has reserved the funds. He said that they don't reserve the funds until 1-2 days before delivery of the vehicle. So even if you get the call in Mid September that your car is ready but don't take delivery until Mid-October then you are most likely out of luck cause they won't reserve the funds.

do we look at fund reserved or fund available? based on current number on the site, approximately how many model3 need to be delivered to exhaust the fund?

I am still able to edit my order, and thinking about AWD. i see the price showing is the original price in terms of colour and awd, not the inflated price

do we look at fund reserved or fund available? based on current number on the site, approximately how many model3 need to be delivered to exhaust the fund?

I am still able to edit my order, and thinking about AWD. i see the price showing is the original price in terms of colour and awd, not the inflated price

Funds Reserved: Fund reserved by dealer (Tesla applied to reserve the money after VIN assignment) BEFORE delivery

So those of us still have not been contacted by Tesla with scheduled pickup date will need to monitor the funds available figure.

• Helpful
Reactions: spurs10

You look at the Funds Available. Right now there is $3,251,833 which equals to ~650 new cars (if they all qualified for full amount) will get the credit. Funds reserve represents the amount that a dealership has applied for an order they received so it is reserved for that order for up to 3 months. Unfortunately, Tesla does not follow this practice (reserving when order is placed) and do not reserve the funds until the VIN is assigned and you have a delivery date.

I've been keeping track of the BC CEV available funds for the last month or so. Since July 30, the fund has dropped by about $55,000 per day (about 11 full CEV credits of $5000). But since August 23, that amount has gone up to about $88,000 per day (or almost 18 full CEV credits per day).

So funds will likely run out somewhere between 36 and 58 days from now (ie sometime between October 3 and Oct 25).

According to Discussion 1 – Zero Emission Vehicles (Clean Transportation) – Clean Growth Future the province is proposing to continue investments in the program until ZEVs make up 5% of all new light-duty vehicle sales. So hopefully they follow through on that and renew the BC CEV funding once it runs out.

• Informative
Reactions: Koflach and Canuck
Almost $160,000 of funds dispersed or moved to reserved in last 24 hours. At this rate, potentially only 19 more days the funds will be left. This can be even less as I suspect more funds will be moved per day as September rolls around because of dealerships pushing for Q3 results.

Don't forget the funds in the BC CEV program are for all EV's. My cousin just picked up an electric Kia Soul last week, so it's not just funds for Teslas.

Good luck to all in receiving the CEV incentive and I'm excited for everyone waiting for their 3's.
Your statement is very misleading as it is NOT for all EV's. It is not a Tesla only discount but it is for any EV/PHEV/Fuel Cell vehicle with an MSRP under $77000.

Does CEV's $77,000 limit applies only the base base of Model 3, meaning if it's fully loaded with EAP, paint color, wheel, etc will still qualify for CEV even the final total price exceeds $77,000?

It's based off msrp of the lowest configuration possible for that type. Rwd and awd qualifies regardless of eap, paint, etc. Performance does not qualify as the lowest possible configuration for that is over 77. You can check the cev website for the full list of cars.

I was informed from a Tesla sales person that the P3D will be added soon to the list of eligible vehicles receiving the BC CEV $5000 incentive in the following week or two...so congrats to the P3D buyers. Apparently Tesla got approval for all trim levels to qualify for the BC CEV. i just hope they replenish the funds when they are exhausted.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
I was informed from a Tesla sales person that the P3D will be added soon to the list of eligible vehicles receiving the BC CEV $5000 incentive in the following week or two...so congrats to the P3D buyers. Apparently Tesla got approval for all trim levels to qualify for the BC CEV. i just hope they replenish the funds when they are exhausted.
That's awesome. Congrats to those with the p3d and getting it in time.